Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlie Austin closing in on England call-up (D Mail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god, that would be great.

but my word that rag is not worthy of bog roll. last week for the last 2 weeks since the harry/adel blow up, they were constantly reporting that Adel was a shoe in for the subs bench if not surely an appearance!
    bottom line: the mail, standard, metro all quote whoever they want.. or no one at all.
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
      Oh.i'm not that great in maths.
      Sorry, didn't mean it to come across full on pedant!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
        Sorry, didn't mean it to come across full on pedant!
        ic!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
          my word that rag is not worthy of bog roll
          bottom line: the mail, standard, metro all quote whoever they want.. or no one at all.
          Articles just like this one then

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            ic!
            Pedant!!!

Comment

Charlie Austin for England?

Judging by the stats Austin should be in the Three Lions sqaud ahead of Rooney, Welbeck and Lambert ...

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/i...25_217896.html

Comment

As much as I like Charlie, I really do despair at these huge contracts being given out for 2 months of good performances. Glad if it happens and I'm sure it wont affect his attitude, but a certain Adel also got a raise to around 50k a week off the back of a couple of decent performances and look what happened to him. His contract runs out in 2016, why not just wait until the end of the season. He wont be able to talk to new clubs until Jan 2016 right?

Comment

True, but he doesn't play for Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool.
                  If he did he would be picked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    As much as I like Charlie, I really do despair at these huge contracts being given out for 2 months of good performances. Glad if it happens and I'm sure it wont affect his attitude, but a certain Adel also got a raise to around 50k a week off the back of a couple of decent performances and look what happened to him. His contract runs out in 2016, why not just wait until the end of the season. He wont be able to talk to new clubs until Jan 2016 right?
                    Because January's around the corner and he could be swayed by an offer of 60-70k a week from another club...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                      Because January's around the corner and he could be swayed by an offer of 60-70k a week from another club...
                      So whats the point in offering him 50k then? If a player wants to force a move, he'll force a move. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        So whats the point in offering him 50k then? If a player wants to force a move, he'll force a move. Sad but true.
                        He's being offered more than 50k, but will have to sign a new longer contract, which makes him valuable for longer. The nearer to the end of a contract a player is, the cheaper he can be bought.

Charlie's played well whatever league he's been in and will continue to do so, seems worth it to me. But what do I know???

Comment

I wouldn't offer him a new contract just yet, he is not a player that would just leave the club. I think Charlie is loyal and would wait to see what the club has to say as well. I think Woy must have been impressed with what he see.

Comment

Working...
                          X