Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tony Fernandes' ego and pride going to cost us relegation....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tony Fernandes' ego and pride going to cost us relegation....?

I ask this question in all seriousness and here's why...

It was only a few weeks back when TF was talking about stability and even a contract extension for Harry... so he's not going to sack him a few weeks after making such bold statements....

Unfortunately for us long suffering fans it will take a slump of even more epic proportions before TF et al finally full the trigger and then we are where we were a couple of years ago under Hughes....

Lots will point to what Pulis did at Palace last season but those sort of great escapes don't happen two seasons running...

There has been various posts alluding to Harry's apparent dementia and this is no doubt an extremely sensitive issue and who would want to sack someone who may, at a later date reveal that they have a medical condition....

Can TF not see what the rest of us see week in week out? Let's be honest after Steve McCallaren left we were terrible and were lucky to have Charlie back for the Wigan game and we all know the rest... Ok so we were a tad unlucky with injuries to some extent last season but the football was shocking and still is... Is Harry that much of a blagger that he can apparently reassure an intelligent and successful man like Tony Fernandes that the club is in safe hands with him at the helm?

The apparent lack of organisation, tactics and fight amongst the team at Upton Park yesterday was unacceptable and to be pulled apart for such basic failings on MOTD2 last night was awful but correct... Harry looks shell shocked or like a bloke in a 40yr marriage that died a death 15yrs ago and wants to be anywhere but with QPR...

This is where I fear that Tony's insistence that Harry will prove his faith in him is well placed could cost us a chance of staying up... yesterday had all the hallmarks of a team in crisis with negative body language amongst the subs bench and Harry sitting there not having a clue what to do.... and what was he doing answering his bleeding dog N bone during the match then Bond took the call... Unreal....

I just hope that these words are rammed down my throat by Harry and the team and they go on a decent run and we pick up and climb the table....

We all know that aint gonna happen so who next...

I'd go for Steve Clarke or young and bold in Karl Robinson....

It's 'orrible being an R's fan at the moment huh....:(

even last year we were struggling even to make it into the prem. i seriously think tony needs to act fast before its to late, come christmass time and weve hardly won were done for!!

Comment

We already got relegated under him once and had the footballing gods not been utterly drunk on the playoff final day we would have stayed where we obviously belong. I do not think the footballing gods will be as kind now. When gods want to punish someone, they first take away his capacity for reasoning. Fernandes has been looking well and truly punished to me.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Not only that. I do actually fear for our club´s excistence. Call me a drama Queen or whatever, but what if he gets tired of us and opts to walk.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Not only that. I do actually fear for our club´s excistence. Call me a drama Queen or whatever, but what if he gets tired of us and opts to walk.
          And Amit takes over as he temporarily did and wanted to do on a permanent basis when Flavio left. Yes that would be horrible

Comment

the other point is that if we go down (if is being very optimistic) we could demoted down several divisions because of the fine

then we are finished!

Comment

No, that would not be horrible at all,Kirill. Given the Bhatia family would fund hind..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                And Amit takes over as he temporarily did and wanted to do on a permanent basis when Flavio left. Yes that would be horrible
                Does he have the money (of his own, not his father-in-law's) though, because like it or not we're a very expensive operation...

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                  Does he have the money (of his own, not his father-in-law's) though, because like it or not we're a very expensive operation...
                  Fernandes and co seem to have the money, but is the club financially better or worse off now than 3 years ago when they took over? At least Amit showed a lot of common sense when temporarily in charge of the club and it is not exactly like he was picked by Flavio off the street where he had been selling the Big Issue?

Comment

Was it Amit who hired Warnock?

Tony is just too good friend with Harry to sack him. Maybe Tony wish inside that Harry resigns,so he doesn't have to sack him

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Fernandes and co seem to have the money, but is the club financially better or worse off now than 3 years ago when they took over? At least Amit showed a lot of common sense when temporarily in charge of the club and it is not exactly like he was picked by Flavio off the street where he had been selling the Big Issue?
                      Even if TF wrote off our debt up to this point - some £250m I believe with this year's accounts - and not withstanding the income from sky ( which may end very abruptly, although parachute payments may kick in if provided we pay our fine and don't end up in the conference!) we are still a huge guzzler of funds and our revenue from other sources is very limited indeed.
                      QPR when Amit was our chairman was a very different proposition back then to the animal you see today covered in money-sucking leeches with cast-iron contracts. I am not sure he would want that burden.

Comment

Working...
                      X