If we start keeping clean Sheets - Back to Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we start keeping clean Sheets - Back to Basics

We will keep pace with those around us and start moving up the league as I do honestly think that we have a goal in us each game

The start of our championship campaign was based on keeping it tight at the back and nicking a goal at the other end. Austin showed yesterday that he comes to life when the ball is in the box he got half a chance and pounced if we put the ball in their enough the boy will score as I said yesterday in another thread if he scores the pen against Hull he currently in the prem league would have a goal every other game ratio which is not shabby.

Thought yesterday after two bad bad beatings away from home we showed character and created chances and could have snatched what I think would have been a deserved draw (Saints fans will argue this I am sure)

We have made a lot of changes once again to the promoted squad but for me the following players if fit have to play Barton, Nedum, Hoillet, Austin, Traore, Niko and Bobby and we build the team around them by filling in the gaps we need to find a formation that gets them all in the side.

We looked a noticeably better side going forward with Bobby and Hoillet on the pitch and from being on the back foot we had Southampton going the other way as Hoillet carried it and Bobby held it up allowed others to get up the pitch and support he has to 100% start next week at West Ham

Far better effort yesterday and some positives to take from it just a shame we now go into a difficult run of games. But lets go back to basics of being b loody hard to break down and take our chances at the other end
Working...
X