Formation against Southampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formation against Southampton

Considering our poor form away from home, I think that we may try something different against high flying Saints. Will play the following:

Green,
    Isla, Ferdinand, Caulker, Yun,
    Onohua,
    Sandro, Fer, Henry,
    Krancjar, Vargas.

I will play Ned in front of the defence because he is quick and can close people. Up front will play Vargas as he is faster then Austin and we will need quick counter attacks. Krancjar will play just behind him. A midfield of Sandro (assuming he is fit), Fer and Henry are combative enough to hold their own.

I predict 4-6-0.

Try to nick a point against the renowned and mighty Southampton.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      I predict 4-6-0.

Try to nick a point against the renowned and mighty Southampton.
      Not mighty, however doing reasonably well. Second in the table, unlike us!

Comment

8-1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Considering our poor form away from home, I think that we may try something different against high flying Saints. Will play the following:

Green,
          Isla, Ferdinand, Caulker, Yun,
          Onohua,
          Sandro, Fer, Henry,
          Krancjar, Vargas.

I will play Ned in front of the defence because he is quick and can close people. Up front will play Vargas as he is faster then Austin and we will need quick counter attacks. Krancjar will play just behind him. A midfield of Sandro (assuming he is fit), Fer and Henry are combative enough to hold their own.
          Looks decent to me but my 11 would be...
          ,.......green......
          ..isla...Ned...caulker...yun.....
          .......Sandro...fer.....
          Phillips....nico...hoilett.....
          .........Charlie.....
          Wouldn't have Phillips & hoillet wide though, would play them close/ish to Austin....

Comment

Go back to 3-5-2. Isla showed on Sat he can't play at full back & traore is not too convincing there either. It didn't work very well against spurs,but think that was more to do with poor fitness levels & New players just being chucked in. Our summer transfer dealings were all geared up for it as was bringing hoddle in so need to put faith in it & stick with it.

Comment

Can't see Sandro being fit

Comment

No manager anywhere has ever played a CB like Ned as a DM. Never. And there's a reason for that.

Comment

Only SUPER Harry knows.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    8-1-1
                    10-0-0.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                      10-0-0.
                      11-0-0-0

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                        Go back to 3-5-2. Isla showed on Sat he can't play at full back & traore is not too convincing there either. It didn't work very well against spurs,but think that was more to do with poor fitness levels & New players just being chucked in. Our summer transfer dealings were all geared up for it as was bringing hoddle in so need to put faith in it & stick with it.
                        Go back to 3-5-2? Who else plays the system in this division? The answer will give you a clue about its usefulness.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Interested to see how we will line up and play this Saturday.

I would be bricking it if I was HR.. another poor performance and awayday mauling and it really is back against the wall for him already.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            Go back to 3-5-2? Who else plays the system in this division? The answer will give you a clue about its usefulness.
                            Without a RB or a decent LB (where is Yun?) I fear we have no alternative but to play three at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Without a RB or a decent LB (where is Yun?) I fear we have no alternative but to play three at the back.
                              Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket with the 3-5-2 stuff.. One wing back and sold our best right back.

Comment

Working...
                              X