Your Favourite Opening Day Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite Opening Day Game

Always remember the 5-0 stuffing of Blackpool in 2003. Ainsworth was quality that day. Even Steve Palmer got on the scoresheet !

Liverpool in 75, 2-0 to us.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Enjoyed the 2008-09 3-1 win vs Barnsley (with Fitz Hall's double ).

Although did find all the fireworks & that a tad cringeworthy before the game.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That 5-0 win v Blackpool was my favourite by far, perfect weather, perfect performance, perfect start.

Although Matty I will say that Fitz Hall's volley is possibly the best opening day goal I've seen.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Blackpool for me . 5 goals loads of beers and glorious sunshine . Cracking day out

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            That 5-0 win v Blackpool was my favourite by far, perfect weather, perfect performance, perfect start.

Although Matty I will say that Fitz Hall's volley is possibly the best opening day goal I've seen.

:drunk:
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Liverpool in 75, 2-0 to us.
              Glorious!

Comment

Blackpool was a great win.

Always remember the game v Oxford think it was start of the 96/97 season. Great weather and had high hopes for that season. Shows what I knew.

Comment

The first ever game on Astroturf, we beat Luton 2-0 if I remember correctly. Also the new signing, Scottish fella can't remember his name scored. My memory is getting worse!!

Comment

Perfect weather my ####!

Absolute nightmare on the tubes as they closed the Central Line because of a melted track. A packed tube train stuffed with overweight men in polyester, in 35 degree heat.

Having said that I spent the walk up to the Bush chatting to a Norwegian R who'd come over for the game. Top bloke, and was absolutely chuffed to have picked the perfect game!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                      The first ever game on Astroturf, we beat Luton 2-0 if I remember correctly. Also the new signing, Scottish fella can't remember his name scored. My memory is getting worse!!
                      That was my second ever game. I think we lost it 2-1 didn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                        Perfect weather my ####!

Absolute nightmare on the tubes as they closed the Central Line because of a melted track. A packed tube train stuffed with overweight men in polyester, in 35 degree heat.

Having said that I spent the walk up to the Bush chatting to a Norwegian R who'd come over for the game. Top bloke, and was absolutely chuffed to have picked the perfect game!
                        yeah it was rather hot lol, which must seem pretty strange as im ginger, and burn when its cloudy!!
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That was my second ever game. I think we lost it 2-1 didn't we?
                          You could be right, I'll have to check the archives. I told you memory was bad.

Comment

yeah it was rather hot lol, which must seem pretty strange as im ginger, and burn when its cloudy!!
                            My wife is blonde and of Irish heritage, she always jokes that when she tans she just stops being translucent!

Comment

Perfect weather my ####!

Just the thought of that tube. The tube on a hot day is severe punishment

Remember sitting in x block that day, even in the shade it was red hot. Think that day in some parts of London they recorded the hottest temperature since records began.

Comment

Working...
                              X