Spurs to bid for Remy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs to bid for Remy....

...according to NewsNowQPR.Having missed out on Benteke they are likely to bid £20m for Soldado and £10m for Remy.Perhaps we could do a few swaps,Defoe,Parker and Townsend for instance,three players they want shot of.

u r having a laugh! Those 3 are not championship players and combined are worth way more than 10 million.

Comment

Remy's worth more than 10m

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
        u r having a laugh! Those 3 are not championship players and combined are worth way more than 10 million.
        That means nothing, depends how much they want remy. I'll have Parker and Townsend and 3 million. Plus a massive sell on Clause for remy.

Comment

Townsend on permanent as part of the deal or nothing
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I thought he had a buy out clause of 8 million and there is still the investigation for rape.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
              I thought he had a buy out clause of 8 million and there is still the investigation for rape.
              You can still be signed

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                You can still be signed
                Yeah but if he goes to jail. Sorry but the West Ham owner is quite right

Who in their right mind would sign him when he could go to jail
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Can prison teams be feeder clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                    That means nothing, depends how much they want remy. I'll have Parker and Townsend and 3 million. Plus a massive sell on Clause for remy.
                    If only it was that simple. I'd love to see you alone in a room face to face with Daniel Levy negotiating and see how far you'd. He'd end up with Remy, your trousers and you'd have a couple of kids on loan and enough money for the bus fare home.

Comment

Originally posted by Westbyfleetr View Post
                      If only it was that simple. I'd love to see you alone in a room face to face with Daniel Levy negotiating and see how far you'd. He'd end up with Remy, your trousers and you'd have a couple of kids on loan and enough money for the bus fare home.

I don't see Daniel Levy taking a risk this big.

Comment

If he has that reputation why would anybody deal with him on his terms?

Comment

I have been reading some of the other club forums and they think that if they go in for Remy, the club will sell him cheaply because of the rape investigation. Also some suggested a loan so that they could send him back if he is convicted.

I would hope that the Club is not even considering this. Perhaps this is why we are getting rumours, which do not seem to amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                            I have been reading some of the other club forums and they think that if they go in for Remy, the club will sell him cheaply because of the rape investigation. Also some suggested a loan so that they could send him back if he is convicted.

I would hope that the Club is not even considering this. Perhaps this is why we are getting rumours, which do not seem to amount to anything.
                            I can't see Remy going on loan though, its no benefit to us at all.
                            Beard said that Remy would only go for the right offer, which obviously means that no-one as yet has activated the release clause.
                            I can't see any club risking £8million on him at the moment though.

Spurs have a few players that could be used as bargaining tools though.

In September when Remy finds out if he is being charged or not, if the worst happened to him and it went to court it's not gonna be a quick thing, but a long dragged out process.

Personally, I hope he stays as if not guilty then there is no release clause and he won't leave on the cheap, and would be in high demand.

But, If I was Harry I would try and do a loan deal.
                            Remy in exchange for Adam Smith, Jake Livermore and Townsend.

Then negotiate in the Jan Window.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                              I can't see Remy going on loan though, its no benefit to us at all.
                              Beard said that Remy would only go for the right offer, which obviously means that no-one as yet has activated the release clause.
                              I can't see any club risking £8million on him at the moment though.

Spurs have a few players that could be used as bargaining tools though.

In September when Remy finds out if he is being charged or not, if the worst happened to him and it went to court it's not gonna be a quick thing, but a long dragged out process.

Personally, I hope he stays as if not guilty then there is no release clause and he won't leave on the cheap, and would be in high demand.

But, If I was Harry I would try and do a loan deal.
                              Remy in exchange for Adam Smith, Jake Livermore and Townsend.

Then negotiate in the Jan Window.
                              I was about to echo exactly this!

Why would we loan Remy, what benefit is that to us? I'm guessing the idea is that we find an interested party, loan him until Jan and if he isn't in jail we sell him at that point? But why bother, if Remy is acquitted there will be no shortage of takers in January anyway. Doesn't make sense for QPR or for the player to rush through a deal like this, better to bide our time, have Remy for the start of the season and hopefully up til January then the player can take his pick between all the interested parties.

So the other option is to sell Remy and I believe that our valuation (or the release clause) is somewhere around the 8m mark. Now who in their right mind is going to agree to paying 8m quid for a player that could very well end up in jail within 3 months? Unless there is something going on behind the scenes with this court case that we don't know about I really don't think that a serious bid for Remy will transpire..........the only joker in the pack is Newcastle, Mike Ashley has proved time and time again that he is capable of making decisions that most people cannot comprehend!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 22-07-2013, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X