Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be classed as a Qpr supporter if you never go to games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be classed as a Qpr supporter if you never go to games.

Personally i don't think so. If you don't go you are a fan or you are a follower of the team. If you don't go,are you any different than the people who you meet throughout the the world who say they support Man u or whoever, but have never seen them play live. Supporters go to games .

Certainly. If you get the chance to go to games you're lucky. We need all the love we can get.

Comment

Many supporters have moved (abroad for instance) so they are not able to go to games.

Comment

A supporter imo is somebody who has had any financial involvement with qpr.
        A fan is somebody who follows them ect.

Comment

How many games do you have to go to to be a supporter? One per season? More? At least one every other season?

And since most of the club's money now comes from TV, how about fans who watch matches on TV?

What if you've bought a shirt? Or a scarf? Are you a supporter then?
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Circumstances permitting for me. There are plenty of fans who have grown up going to games and now may have moved away / abroad for work or family reasons, or maybe have hit hard times financially and have a family to support & so simply cannot justify or even afford the expenditure required to go to games. These people, IMO, are very much QPR supporters, without doubt, even if they can't get to games anymore.

However, if people do have the financial and logistical capabilities to get to games yet decide they just can't be bothered, I have to admit I do have a bad habit to almost class them as "non supporters", for lack of a better phrase. Just people with a slight interest in our club, not "supporters" or "fans" as such.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

well put matty spot on!

Comment

Why would anyone want to tell another QPR fan/supporter that they shouldn't call themselves a fan?

Are people really that insecure or arrogant?

Comment

I think there is a difference between someone who used to go but have moved away or whose circumstances have changed and those that have never been. They both might not go now but one has invested part of their life (and money) in the club. I have a mate who lives in Sweden and he hardly goes to any games but used to go all the time with me in the 70s and 80s. He is still an avid follower and as I said on another post I don't think that ever leaves you.

Comment

Depends on the circumstances. If you live in London & don't go to any games then that's strange
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      Depends on the circumstances. If you live in London & don't go to any games then that's strange
                      Like my nephew,hardcore cfc.got all the shirts but never goes
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

No you are a fan. you are a supporter if you support the club financially merchandise S/Ticket go to games, find it odd that people who claim to support the Rs and live pretty local but dont go there are always tickets available for most games, just cant be bothered to get off their #### and make the effort. and dont go on about price of tickets total ****.

Comment

Once a season this thread is put on here! I used to go all the time many years ago, when I lived in W10. Circumstances change, moved to Sussex and started working and living in Crawley. At present all I'm concerned about is providing for my wife and child, I don't get the chance to go very often, does that make me less of a supporter than anyone else?
                          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                            Once a season this thread is put on here! I used to go all the time many years ago, when I lived in W10. Circumstances change, moved to Sussex and started working and living in Crawley. At present all I'm concerned about is providing for my wife and child, I don't get the chance to go very often, does that make me less of a supporter than anyone else?
                            yes. the op wants you to be on baked beans every night and work more overtime.

We have this every year. I've only been to 5 games this season but normally go to all home games, does that make me less of a fan than a korean who just bought a J song season ticket? I have been busy and sorting out my financial position why should I need to blow it all when I can watch a decent stream for free?
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

although maybe a lie, heinz baked beans have gone from 39 pence in 2006 now up to 70p in 2013.

Went to do my food shopping last night and there was little to nothing on offer. Times are hard and it's all about priorities
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X