No announcement yet.

Best taarabt goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preston goal. No comparison. He beats 4 players from inside our half and finishes. He showed speed, strength, skill and finishing over a 10-15 second period

Comment

Voted Fulham just simply because it gave us our first win over those w#####s in years actually our first couple of goals against them in years

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Kicking a ball into an open goal from 40 yards isn't nearly as good as some of the goals he has scored for us - the skill involved in some of his golas is truely sublime.

Still a decent goal though tbf to him
        Well, it was quick thinking and he found the target.

The ones against Swansea and PNE were against poor opposition (ok, Swansea were just poor that day), and I always feel the Swansea keeper should have saved that. Still, I do love that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
          Some of the goals he has scored have been breathtaking. For me though the goal v swansea where he done the showboat pass, got it back then completley mugged off Joe Allen before curling it in, one of the best goals ive ever seen imo. A special player who we are lucky to have, and may not see another like him when he goes.

Comment

I voted for Swansea, as for me that goal was our footballing high point of that entire season. 1st vs 2nd at LR, and he ends up swaggering around like that. Worth digging out the full version if you can, including the showboat buildup between Adel and Walker. Joe Allen's slumped shoulders after the nutmeg just add a beautiful little detail.

In terms of actual technique I think the chest and volley vs West Ham might be the best, and the turn vs Vermaelen as he makes a very good CB look like Championship cannon fodder.

I would add the free kick vs Reading in late 2009 to that list. It was the game at the start of the Magilton purple patch where we were 2-0 down and won 3-2. Adel bends the ball around the wall below head height.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
              Well, it was quick thinking and he found the target.

The ones against Swansea and PNE were against poor opposition (ok, Swansea were just poor that day), and I always feel the Swansea keeper should have saved that. Still, I do love that goal.
              As opposed to the classy outfit that are Angola?
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                Best Taarabt goal I actually saw him score was for Morocco.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! That keeper just watches it over his head, doesnt even stretch for it and then does the snipe to the back of the head move.....priceless!

Comment

Away to Doncaster 2009 should be up there as well.

Comment

his first goal away to Cardiff was superb, in a really big game

Comment

Would say his best goal was either Preston at home 2009 or home to Fulham this season. Didn't pick the Swansea one as the keeper got a big hand to it, if it had gone straight into the bottom corner I would have gone for that.

Although none of those are my favorite Adel Taarabt goal, weirdly my favorite is his tap in away at Watford when we were crowned Champions purely because it was such an un-Adel like goal.

Comment

Working...
                      X