spend on championship gems and think about it next season if we survive
    spend a fair bit on prem level players to stay up
    5.26%
    spend a little bit on prem level players to stay up
    15.79%
    spend on championship gems, and think about it next season if we survive
    78.95%

The poll is expired.

Going up would of course be great, but probably is exactly what we dont want.

STABILITY is what we need right now, going up so late on my make us make the same mistakes again...

Comment

I did vote and know its an "If", but honestly am 100% certain we wont be going up.

Comment

Follow the Bournemouth route. Buy the best of the championship, lower leagues and pick up 1 or 2 buys from abroad.

Honestly I hope we dont go up this year. We aren't ready and I'd be frightened of doing what Villa are doing atm. I don't think that will do us any good. Right now we could finish top 12 with a bang average team sprinkled with 2 or 3 good players. If we can add some depth of quality next season we could easily be challenging top 6.

Comment

There is absolutely no chance of us going up this season and I am glad of that, however, if by a miracle we did then I would hope our scouts would be looking at the Championship and abroad in the same vein that West Ham's have.

Am hoping long gone are the days of signing "names"

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            Going up would of course be great, but probably is exactly what we dont want.

STABILITY is what we need right now, going up so late on my make us make the same mistakes again...
            So we don't try to win games from here on in then? Worry about next season IF we get there. You can't play to 'not go up' - we probably won't but you don't short change everyone by not trying. Who'd want that?

Comment

ive got more chance of having a s hit in the Queens handbag than Rangers have of going up
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

A and B don't work (for us at least). Has to be C then.

Not that we got a cat in hells chance mind..........

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  So we don't try to win games from here on in then? Worry about next season IF we get there. You can't play to 'not go up' - we probably won't but you don't short change everyone by not trying. Who'd want that?
                  I don't think Life was suggesting we don't try to win games? He is absolutely right that going up would be "great" financially but "not great" in terms of stability and laying the foundations so that we can move forward from the train wreckage of the last several years of mismanagement.

It isn't a very likely outcome anyway as we are terribly inconsistent and even if we were to win say two thirds of our remaining games, the prospects of enough of the teams above us imploding to the extent we hit 6th place are even more remote than us putting in a winning performance on Saturday
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    I don't think Life was suggesting we don't try to win games? He is absolutely right that going up would be "great" financially but "not great" in terms of stability and laying the foundations so that we can move forward from the train wreckage of the last several years of mismanagement.

It isn't a very likely outcome anyway as we are terribly inconsistent and even if we were to win say two thirds of our remaining games, the prospects of enough of the teams above us imploding to the extent we hit 6th place are even more remote than us putting in a winning performance on Saturday
                    If you try to manage your position, control your situation or consolidate - whatever you want to call it - then you run the risk of doing a Leeds. Even Man City a few years ago dropped like a stone. Play to win and deal with the consequences either way.

Comment

Not necessarily promotion or playoffs, but a good run in this season promotes confidence and helps embed the right attitudes for next season.

Lord knows where a strong run would actually take us but being strong through to the end of the season is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        Play to win and deal with the consequences either way.
                        No one is suggesting we should do otherwise. Stability just means keeping things in perspective whatever the result. The problem in recent times has been how we dealt with those consequences (ie not very well)......

Comment

Surely you buy the players you think will best fit into the side, whatever division they are playing in.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            Follow the Bournemouth route. Buy the best of the championship, lower leagues and pick up 1 or 2 buys from abroad.

Honestly I hope we dont go up this year. We aren't ready and I'd be frightened of doing what Villa are doing atm. I don't think that will do us any good. Right now we could finish top 12 with a bang average team sprinkled with 2 or 3 good players. If we can add some depth of quality next season we could easily be challenging top 6.
                            Top post maids, spot on.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I voted for C! I can't say I fancy another dire season trying to survive in the plastic EPL, it's just been no fun for me at all losing almost every Saturday and ruining my weekend then during the week trying to do the math as to how many wins it might take to possibly survive! In saying that I suppose it could be different, we have had some real bad luck with almost every expensive signing, maybe the DOF has a better clue of what we need? I'm all for winning every match we can and I would fancy another trip over to see us at Wembley!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X