Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
    Oldham game.

It was visceral. Real. Remember, this was the season of Vauxhall Motors and we'd gone on an unbelievable run at the back end of the season to end up in the Play Offs - the ground was rocking week in week out - supporting a team of misfits, has-beens and young gambles. The tension was something else - you could feel it and the sheer noise that erupted when Furlong scored is something I've never experienced at any other ground in the world.

Remember Kevin Keegan saying that when there were 14,000 inside Loftus Road, it always sounded like 40,000. Well, for the Oldham game it sounded like 80,000. They ground physically shook. That night will never be beaten. It was insane.
    Beautifully worded post...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
      Oldham game.

It was visceral. Real. Remember, this was the season of Vauxhall Motors and we'd gone on an unbelievable run at the back end of the season to end up in the Play Offs - the ground was rocking week in week out - supporting a team of misfits, has-beens and young gambles. The tension was something else - you could feel it and the sheer noise that erupted when Furlong scored is something I've never experienced at any other ground in the world.

Remember Kevin Keegan saying that when there were 14,000 inside Loftus Road, it always sounded like 40,000. Well, for the Oldham game it sounded like 80,000. They ground physically shook. That night will never be beaten. It was insane.
      Yeah, this.

Last night was great but it'll go down in history as "recently relegated promotion favourites win play-off"

Oldham was, and is, "long suffering fans of trainwreck club had something to celebrate for first time in nearly a decade"

Comment

Wigan for me,to see the joy on my little lads face was special. Oldham was an unbelievable night of beer and beetles for me.Was by the lower loft food /beer bar during extra time and see a liitle ol lady pacing up and down with nerves.the pair of us looked like one flew over the cuckoos nest.the passion our club generate is second to none when it matters,last night shades it just.
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Oldham, but last night was magnificent too
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
          X