Saturday 20th February 2010
The Coca Cola Championship
Loftus Road Stadium
Kick-off: 15:00
Referee: D Whitestone
Queens Park Rangers (19th) V Doncaster Rovers (10th)
By The Godfather

Trust QPR to eclipse tonight's live episode of Eastenders for drama and excitement! It certainly has been a rollercoaster season so far and all Rs fans will be hoping that today's fantastic news about Ishan Saksena's appointment will prove to be a massive turning point for the club. A new era of stability and progress beckons and what better way is there for the team to celebrate than by picking up all three points tomorrow against Doncaster Rovers?

Earlier this season we produced a lacklustre performance at the Keepmoat Stadium which included the disappointing debuts of Stephen Reid and Tommy Williams. We now have a new set of loan signings in their place and although their input has not been overly impressive to date, hopefully, Hill and Priskin will have settled in to the QPR system well enough to turn out some decent performances. Added to that my fingers are crossed that the whole squad will be buoyed up and eager to prove themselves worthy to play for what, I am now sure, will be a very forward looking Club.

Doncaster Rovers

Manager: Sean O'Driscoll

Season 2008-09 finish: 14th place.

To the surprise of many, Doncaster Rovers have enjoyed a rather successful 2009/10 campaign so far. Talented manager, Sean O'Driscoll, has guided the club clear of relegation trouble. After winning their last two matches against automatic promotion contenders, Nottingham Forest, and then struggling Sheffield Wednesday, Donny now find themselves in 10th position, only seven points off the top six. And there is no doubt that O'Driscoll will fancy his chances against a Queens Park Rangers side that has lost its last five games.

Men to watch

The name Billy Sharp will no doubt evoke memories of that horrible day at Sheffield United in August 2008. Yes, that's right. This is the same Sharp who netted a hat-trick against Rangers. The striker, who was once a prolific goalscorer in League One, joined Donny on a season-long loan after failing to break into the first team at Bramall Lane. It seems that the 24 year-old has regained his scoring form, having notched 12 goals this season.

Dean Shiels could partner Sharp in attack. The 25 year-old signed for Rovers during the summer, after enjoying a successful five-year spell with Hibernian. The Northern Irish international could pose a threat on Saturday afternoon.

O'Driscoll also has experienced centre-forward, James Hayter, at his disposal. During his time with Bournemouth, the 30 year-old was responsible for the fastest Football League hat-trick ever, netting three goals in 140 seconds. He signed for Donny in 2007 and has since made 81 appearances, scoring 15 times.

In midfield, the manager could select James Coppinger. The 29 year-old, who joined QPR on loan briefly in 2001, has played for Doncaster since 2004, making 200 appearances. A favourite with the fans, Coppinger could provide the Rs midfielders with a stern test on Saturday.

On the wing, John Oster could be given a place in the starting line-up. The 31 year-old has bags of experience in this division, having played for Burnley, Reading and Crystal Palace in recent years. The former Welsh international joined Rovers during the summer.

At the back, James O'Connor could start. The former Aston Villa trainee signed for Donny in 2006. The 25 year-old has since made over 100 appearances, impressing the supporters with a series of solid displays. O'Connor can play in the heart of defence or as a right-back.

In goal, Neil Sullivan is likely to keep his place. The 39 year-old, who was famously lobbed from the half-way line by David Beckham, is a talented shot-stopper. He has enjoyed successful spells with Wimbledon, Tottenham and Leeds, earning 28 international caps for Scotland in the process. Since joining Donny in 2007, Sullivan has established himself as a first team regular, making well over 100 appearances.

Previous Match

November 2009 - Jim Magilton's Queens Park Rangers side produced a lacklustre performance at the Keepmoat Stadium, deservedly losing by two goals to nil. After a dull first half, Doncaster took the lead in the 53rd minute, when Billy Sharp met Quinton Fortune's cross. In the 65th minute, Dean Shiels capitalised on a defensive mix-up, slotting home from close range. All in all, this was an abysmal display from the Super Hoops.

QPR Manager, Jim Magilton: "I'm very disappointed for both goals. We were architects of our own downfall in some ways. I thought it was an even game, but at times we looked lethargic, as if we had had two weeks off. We looked like we had lads who had been reading nice things about themselves. We had opportunities and moments, but Doncaster are a good side and we didn't take our chances. For the last half-hour it was as poor as they have played for me. I can't be too hard on them because they have been very good until now."

Doncaster Rovers 2-0 Queens Park Rangers

QPR Team News

Mikele Leigertwood will miss this match through suspension, whilst there are doubts over the fitness of Hogan Ephraim (ankle) and Marcus Bent (hamstring). Martin Rowlands and Gavin Mahon, meanwhile, remain long-term absentees.

Prediction

Rovers looked a decent outfit back in November and towards the end of that match were passing the ball around like Brazilians. We must not allow a repeat of that tomorrow: Buzsaky and Faurlin need to dominate midfield in much the same way as they did in the second-half against Ipswich, breaking up the opponents' possession and distributing well to the wings and frontline. That may seem like a statement of the obvious but we desperately need to win this game and I really do feel that in this match attack will be the best form of defence. I hope Mick Harford will agree! I am going to predict that Rangers will scrape a victory here....

Queens Park Rangers 1-0 Doncaster Rovers