Alleged hostage taking, mass brawls with the Chinese and accusations of assault. It all sounds rather like an episode of "Spooks", doesn't it? For Queens Park Rangers fans, however, these events are all too real. At the end of what has been another extraordinary week for the club, I reflect on the latest scandal to emerge from Loftus Road.

I viewed Monday night's game on Sky television. It wasn't the most entertaining of matches, having to watch a group of QPR players devoid of passion, energy and creativity hoofing the ball across a surface that resembled a cowfield. I can only sympathise with the brave away supporters who, despite the bad weather, made the trip to Vicarage Road to see that complete and utter heap of rubbish.

It was obvious that something wasn't quite right, even when QPR took the lead. Agyemang's bizarre "celebration", which consisted of the striker standing still with a disgruntled expression on his face, was a clear sign that Magilton had lost the support of the players.

Watford's goals, with the exception of the third perhaps, were avoidable. I don't wish to be disrespectful, but you know that you're in trouble when Lloyd Doyley, the man who had never netted a senior goal in over 250 appearances, manages to score the equaliser against you. I won't go into detail about the second goal, as the pain of reliving such terrible defending is simply too much for me to bear.

Certainly, the defeat was very disappointing. Only two players could leave the pitch with their heads held high: Alejandro Faurlin and Patrick Agyemang. A lacklustre performance - and clearly Magilton thought the same. After the match, the Sky commentators mentioned that the manager "could be heard from the dressing room". I knew at this point that Jim was angry; but, if the allegations are true, I never imagined that he would take things to such an extreme level.

An article in the Daily Mail on Wednesday morning alleged that Magilton had headbutted Akos Buzsaky. Not exactly Zidane-style by the sounds of it, but enough for big Patrick Agyemang to feel the need to intervene. The Mail's source claimed that when Magilton had threatened to inflict the same treatment on Agyemang, he had replied, "I'd like to see you try". Unsurprisingly, the Ulsterman backed down. Buzsaky was then seen wandering about the stadium in his full kit, eventually taking refuge in a public toilet.

The club's reaction was to suspend Magilton with immediate effect, pending an internal investigation. The Northern Irishman has since issued a statement denying any wrongdoing. Buzsaky, meanwhile, has branded reports of a transfer request as "rubbish".

So, what now? With Gorman refusing to work until Magilton is reinstated, first team affairs have been left to youth team coaches, Steve Gallen and Marc Bircham. They'll have the daunting task of managing the Rs when they come up against automatic promotion contenders, West Brom, next Monday evening.

In my view, now that Magilton has lost the support of the players (with one of them reportedly bursting into tears during a meeting with club officials), his position is untenable. Some fans will be arguing that the players shouldn't have the power to influence such important decisions. Others, meanwhile, will see this as an easy way to get rid of a manager who has struggled over the last four or five weeks or so.

How will the players respond? Many will be expecting another thrashing at the hands of West Brom next Monday evening. However, if the players want Magilton out, will they be determined to get a good result in order to demonstrate that the Ulsterman is not needed at the club? Just a thought.