Stoke & FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoke & FFP

Sold their stadium and diluted their shares to try and comply with FFP.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...r-play-6800769

Looks like they might comply with FFP but surely practices like this are bad for the club's future, which is what FFP is designed to prevent. It's a joke imo.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Why can't our rich owners play these little games, get promoted and and have a sensible buying policy and make money back?
    no one seems to get done for it

Comment

I'm not sure our ground is officially owned by the club anyway. It's QPR Holdings or something like that isn't it? Seems like we might already have been creative at some point in the past. Our owners are pretty clever when it comes to money so I doubt we're missing many tricks.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
        Sold their stadium and diluted their shares to try and comply with FFP.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...r-play-6800769

Looks like they might comply with FFP but surely practices like this are bad for the club's future, which is what FFP is designed to prevent. It's a joke imo.
        As you pointed out, such practices can raise concerns about the club's long-term financial stability and sustainability. Selling a stadium could mean losing a valuable asset and potentially impacting the club's ability to generate revenue from home matches and other events. Diluting shares might lead to a loss of control over the club's decision-making and direction if new investors gain significant influence.

Comment

Working...
        X