• Show
Clear All

• Fraggy
    replied
    Thankfully it's a very long season

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Ok^^. And St. Louis Blues lost to Minnesota. Back to square one...

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Toronto didn't really turn up at The Bruins last night, but did shutout Pittsburgh Friday.
    Need Auston back soon.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Nashville Predators are as per usual in excellent form. Toronto lost heavily the other night, while St.Louis are playing against a very strong Minnesota Wild team tonight..

Leave a comment:

• Johnnykc
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Have to agree Weare, the chants do seem a bit cringeworthy at times. Almost as annoying as those loud kids in the comms box this past Saturday.

To be honest, it was the fighting that attracted me to hockey originally, there would usually be at least a couple of fights per period, big lumps, on skates lumping each other, amazing
    Past few seasons they have almost eliminated all fighting, if you're lucky, you may get 1 fight a game these days in The NHL.
    I watch a fair bit of OHL (Ontario Hockey League), these days, and they still enjoy the odd fight.
    On a flight to Seattle earlier this year, I watched a fascinating documentary on NHL enforcers and their roles within the teams and how it doesn't really exist anymore...... I think it was called 'ice guardians' or something like that.

Cracking watch!

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Have to agree Weare, the chants do seem a bit cringeworthy at times. Almost as annoying as those loud kids in the comms box this past Saturday.

To be honest, it was the fighting that attracted me to hockey originally, there would usually be at least a couple of fights per period, big lumps, on skates lumping each other, amazing
    Past few seasons they have almost eliminated all fighting, if you're lucky, you may get 1 fight a game these days in The NHL.
    I watch a fair bit of OHL (Ontario Hockey League), these days, and they still enjoy the odd fight.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Will say weird how the Americans go about supporting there team. Your mum sucks eggs was one shout, no swearing at all

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    I wanted to hate it as american sport is utter sh it but went to an u23's game which was very competitive and lively. Found myself enjoying it. Seattle v Calgary. Calgary won but the americans only decent game. Wanted to see canucks as they would be my team but they didn't play that wkend oh and got to see a good punch up

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    That was a good game.
    Auston Matthews out for a month is really showing the lack of depth in The Leafs squad.
    Hopefully they can sign Nylander quick.

Fingers crossed!!

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    That was a good game.
    Auston Matthews out for a month is really showing the lack of depth in The Leafs squad.
    Hopefully they can sign Nylander quick.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    St. Louis Blues - Las Vegas 5-3. Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    It's William Nylander, I think you are thinking of his dad, Michael. William is only 22.
    William is really fast and links up really well with Matthews.
    You are spot on. I will look out for him the next time I watch TML on telly.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    It's William Nylander, I think you are thinking of his dad, Michael. William is only 22.
    William is really fast and links up really well with Matthews.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    I see what you mean regarding Bozak. In fact It came as a surprise that he came to us. St. Louis is not a city which easily attract players and their families these days sadly. I think Traveres(?) was a player many a team wanted, St.Louis Blues also. Nylander, the Swede, must be a great player to have although he must be getting on a bit now..

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    I was gutted when Tyler left as he is a great player, but I understood they had to make room due to the wage cap with Traveres coming in and a big contract for Auston Matthews.
    Also, negotiations are still ongoing for William Nylander. If they can tie Nylander down, the Leafs will go deep into the post season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X