WBA Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBA Match Thread

We need to make our home count. Not a good record with them since that 7-1 mauling losing our last 2 homes against em.
    The results need pinning up on the dressing room wall to get their backs up.

Think it's gonna be a draw.

West Brom have 8 players out through injury or suspension so no better time to play them.I can remember one of their players giving it the cut throat sign after scoring the winner ,I hope Charlie celebrates big time if he gets on the scoresheet.

Comment

We can’t and won’t keep playing badly and getting away with it! Isn’t it about time we actually played well and deserved a win?

Just got a bad feeling about this one. They are a very direct team, who like to get in your face and give the opposition no time on the ball by closing down quickly. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to be able to play against teams who high press us very well do we? They have pace and power up front aswell, against our slow back 3!

Hope I’m wrong, but even with their players missing I can’t see us getting anything out of this one unless Charlie, Gray and Dykes start getting their shooting boots on and start scoring regularly for us! Prove me wrong! You Rrs!!!

Comment

A win on Saturday will give the team a huge confidence boost. QPR 1 - West Brom 0.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

It's probably the most important game of the season at home so far, a win will certainly boost the confidence I agree, beating one of the top teams will be massive, we need to get into them and be on it from the off and not have our usual slow start, to then rely on getting something late again!! We can't keep pulling that rabbit out of the hat every game!!
          I will be there on Saturday and I think I will see us edge it 2-1 in a very tight game. My third visit this season, unfortunately I can't get up as often as I'd like, but I've not seen us beaten at home yet, so let's hope that continues.
          I'll be in with the R block, cheering the lads on, c'mon you R's!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
            We can’t and won’t keep playing badly and getting away with it! Isn’t it about time we actually played well and deserved a win?

Just got a bad feeling about this one. They are a very direct team, who like to get in your face and give the opposition no time on the ball by closing down quickly. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to be able to play against teams who high press us very well do we? They have pace and power up front aswell, against our slow back 3!

Hope I’m wrong, but even with their players missing I can’t see us getting anything out of this one unless Charlie, Gray and Dykes start getting their shooting boots on and start scoring regularly for us! Prove me wrong! You Rrs!!!
            agree with this and we will definitely need to be at our best to beat them. I would say lucky, but we don't really get much of that.

We certainly can't afford to miss chances as we did against Rotherham. Austin, Gray and Dykes all missed very presentable chances (although some credit to the keeper for them - apart from Gray's miss).

Comment

Won't be able to make the slow starts we keep having to games, especially this one, they press high like Barnsley did when he was manager and we all know what they did to us last season run us ragged at home think their pace up top will cause us problems , have to start well ,

Comment

If the team news coming from the West Brom camp are true they won’t have any recognised C/Backs available for the game.I would like to see Gray get a start where he might be able to exploit their particularly high defensive line that Ismael prefers.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                  If the team news coming from the West Brom camp are true they won’t have any recognised C/Backs available for the game.I would like to see Gray get a start where he might be able to exploit their particularly high defensive line that Ismael prefers.
                  News like this is often a smokescreen though and even if it is true the pace they have up front will be more dangerous to our CBs than our forwards against their makeshift ones.

The players will need to work harder than normal as a team to win this game against a direct team like West Brom.

Comment

Relax people, I've just seen my mate Big Ron, he's a proper Jonah when it comes to home games, he's been 3 times this season and we've lost all three, he's not coming tomorrow, so the chances are good!! LOL

Comment

I don't think we've put in any compelling performances since November. At some point soon we need to start playing with far more threat and conviction. WBA are obvious top 6 contenders so it's a tough game for us to start flexing our muscles in but that's what we have to do.

I'm looking for Warburton to start setting us up to create shots on goal and generally be more ballsy in his approach - this is not the time to start whining and trotting out excuses about squads, finances or resources. He needs to start beating his chest and tub-thumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I don't think we've put in any compelling performances since November. At some point soon we need to start playing with far more threat and conviction. WBA are obvious top 6 contenders so it's a tough game for us to start flexing our muscles in but that's what we have to do.

I'm looking for Warburton to start setting us up to create shots on goal and generally be more ballsy in his approach - this is not the time to start whining and trotting out excuses about squads, finances or resources. He needs to start beating his chest and tub-thumping.
                        Well said mate, Carpe Diem !!!

Comment

See this as a high scoring game , we will need to dig in and take it to them .. cmon on u Rs

Comment

1-1

Comment

Massive game bus. As we've already lost to Fulham, Bournemouth, west brom away and Stoke it's now time we turn up against the best that this league offers if we really want to be a top 6 club this is massive today!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X