On way home | QPR 1 Sunderland 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 1 Sunderland 0

Welcome if unconvincing win against a truly shocking Sunderland team, really poor first 45 where we created nothing, second half slightly better mainly against 10, as their keeper had a moment of madness, he misjudged bounce of ball outside the box, then handled it, however it was no lose to Sunderland as he was rubbish.
    Our midfield again was poor with only Luongo looking half decent, again Scowen and Freeman were well off the pace, defence was ok, however I wish we would stop passing back to Ned as his passing is woeful. Upfront Smith missed a great chance to make it 2-0, young Smythe had a slightly quieter day with things not quite working, however he is young, full of beans and will be great little player.

MOTM only 1 contender, young Eze, lovely taken goal, great first touch and vision, seems very calm and aware of whose around him, again a real gem who will only get better.

Surely now safe as teams right at the bottom keep getting beaten, big decision coming up for the board regarding Holloway, I am convinced they will stick.

Yeah wasn't great but we have to stick this squad bar C/W we'll lose a few but patience is needed but I'm sure once these players jel we have the making of a chance to see some exciting football and can have decent season next time not sure they'll be promotion contenders it might be a bit early for that

Comment

good summary rommy, bang on all of it. it wasn't a great performance but it wasn't bad either, we made it easy for sunderland at times but the main thing is we got the win and the clean sheet along with giving some of our youngsters much needed game time. eze was quality today and looks dangerous everytime the ball is at his feet. even though smyth had an underwhelming game he still did better than washo would have done tbh so i'm not fussed.

personally i'd give motm to either furlong or eze, i thought furlong had a very solid game and was arguebly our best defender today. glad that hes finally getting some minutes!!

Comment

I am also convinced they will stick with Ollie. Very likely wrong decision though. We have been lucky this season the league is so poor.

Relieved to get three points today though. Sadly we can't play Sunderland every week!

Comment

I'm an Eze lover.... he'll get a goal for you believe it...... like no other.... before you know it will be two or three......

Am I getting ahead of myself?

Comment

the quality was missing for both side's today , eze took his goal well. thought both scowen and freeman had good games , maybe not quality wise but can't fault either of them for effort

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
              I'm an Eze lover.... he'll get a goal for you believe it...... like no other.... before you know it will be two or three......

Am I getting ahead of myself?
              That's brilliant. Could definitely be sung in the stands.

Comment

Eze mutha f uckin E boyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  I am also convinced they will stick with Ollie. Very likely wrong decision though. We have been lucky this season the league is so poor.

Relieved to get three points today though. Sadly we can't play Sunderland every week!
                  Agree with the first point but not the we have been lucky bit, i reckon if you looked at the table from this date back every season for five years we would be in roughly the same place as we are now every year,
                  Its irrelevant how few points the bottom three have got really.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

We haven't been lucky this season. We ate about where we deserve to be.

Comment

Happy with the 3 points and a couple of kids coming through.

Time to shake hands with Ollie at the end of the season though. Thanks for stabilizing us and goodbye. Need a better coach for this young group IMO.

Clement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Agree with the first point but not the we have been lucky bit, i reckon if you looked at the table from this date back every season for five years we would be in roughly the same place as we are now every year,
                        Its irrelevant how few points the bottom three have got really.
                        stop spoiling things with facts and a bit of common sense
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Crap game, welcome win.

Delighted for the young lad.

Comment

Horrible to watch but great to see the boy get his first goal.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Happy with the 3 points and a couple of kids coming through.

Time to shake hands with Ollie at the end of the season though. Thanks for stabilizing us and goodbye. Need a better coach for this young group IMO.

Clement.
                              100%
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                              X