Neville Southall
    Kevin Ratcliffe
    Aaron Ramsey
    Chris Coleman
    John Charles

all if English would have graced our international team

Comment

Originally posted by ragr View Post
      I remember the days when there were no play offs and a ton of dead matches in the final few weeks of the season and the play offs have undoubtedly helped to facilitate a little more excitement to the end of the season. But........A 19 point gap across a season is massive and there's no way that effort should come crashing down for a mere 90 minutes. I've always believed a happy medium would be for a single match at the home of the teams finishing 3rd and 4th to at least give some advantage to finishing in a higher position. Then the final, and even that possibly played at the home ground of the team finishing highest in the league season. Of course, that means less money generation and that's all that counts really. The play off finals are a great day out for fans but also a hugely expensive one, not to mention the travel for some clubs. The FA loves a cash cow, however.
      Exactly.

And why it won't change.

Comment

Keep the PO's , nothing worse than watching end of season bore fest's when teams have nothing to play for and players don't want to pick up injuries.

Comment

See Ryan Manning has been released by Swanselona - still only 26 - Linked with leeds -

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            See Ryan Manning has been released by Swanselona - still only 26 - Linked with leeds -
            Swansea manager claimed Manning refused to sign new contract. Must have another club lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Swansea manager claimed Manning refused to sign new contract. Must have another club lined up.
              I'm hearing Leeds if relegated young Isle.
              I wouldn't turn my nose up to us re signing him can't believe he can warrant massive wages
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Swansea had premiership parachute money when they signed Manning so I assime theyre cutting their cloth and offered reduced terms. He'll sign for anyone that has that money coming in and can offer the bigger contracts. Good luck to him for making as much dosh as he can - we'd all do the same. He never hit the really big wages in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Swansea manager going to Southampton apparently - maybe he will end up there with him

Comment

Swansea manager going to Southampton apparently - maybe he will end up there with him
                    Good shout. Doubt we're in market for him.

Comment

Leeds United was mentioned somewhere, can't remember where and unsure whether based on Prem or Championship for Leeds next season.
                      Edit - Sorry, just seen that this was posted already by another poster.

Comment

I can see Willock ending up at Southampton too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                          Can’t find it but saw a video of paddy Kenny’s medical . Got told to touch his toes and that was the medical over . Love warnock
                          That's the kind of test they need to check any goalkeeper recruits we make this season just to see if they are fit enough to continually pick the ball out of the net.

In Uncle Neil's Championship days with us, it was refreshingly much more often the case that the opposition were forced to do that.

Comment

We are one of the clubs interested Sean Clare from Charlton. RB and out of contract end of the season. Is he better than Kakay? 26 years old and has spent most of his careet in League One

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                              We are one of the clubs interested Sean Clare from Charlton. RB and out of contract end of the season. Is he better than Kakay? 26 years old and has spent most of his careet in League One
                              Last three seasons, played 35+ games per season, been available, always good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                                I notice he can play ether as a RB, RM and a Centre Mid, so he can be quite versatile.

Also played 40 games last season for Charlton.

Comment

Working...
                                X