Huddersfield points deduction - key date 23 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Unfortunately, the days of seeing a Wimbledon, Carlisle and Oldham in the top league again and challenging have long gone. The top clubs have created a cartel to keep the small clubs small. Even Bournemouth and Brentford are only a few bad transfer windows away from being relegated. Same as Hull, Stoke, Sheffield Wed etc. They should enjoy the sun because eventually they'll get relegated.
    I don't think it's a cartel, more it's an arrangement that suited the big clubs at the time it was implemented, and they see no reason to change it. Those clubs around the world had the stadiums, the fanbase, the TV channels and any other revenue stream to make FFP work for them.

I do take issue with those clubs not being able to work within their means though, if they breach the rules they should be held to even greater account.

Comment

I can tell you that the big clubs hate FFP with a passion - more than us. Manchester City, Newcastle and Chelsea in UK and PSG in France are desperate to spend much more, and try all sorts of tricks to bypass the rules.

We might dislike FFP but I think we need it. It is already a big problem that Arab states buy clubs for PR reasons and do not care if they lose money on it - it is a PR move that they are ready to pay billions for. If there would be no FFP these owners would walk any top league there is, buying up all top players. It is bad enough as it is. If FFP was removed it would be unbearable.

I am all for a free world where owners can spend and lose as much as they want - it is their money after all. But I think football is more than just a business. By not putting a cap on spending, the totalitarian states would run the entire show. Further down the leagues a lot of clubs would go bust. Yes, a club with the name of Bury could reappear in 10th division, but I do not think is good fun if QPR did the same as Bury, also losing the stadium in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        I can tell you that the big clubs hate FFP with a passion - more than us. Manchester City, Newcastle and Chelsea in UK and PSG in France are desperate to spend much more, and try all sorts of tricks to bypass the rules.

We might dislike FFP but I think we need it. It is already a big problem that Arab states buy clubs for PR reasons and do not care if they lose money on it - it is a PR move that they are ready to pay billions for. If there would be no FFP these owners would walk any top league there is, buying up all top players. It is bad enough as it is. If FFP was removed it would be unbearable.

I am all for a free world where owners can spend and lose as much as they want - it is their money after all. But I think football is more than just a business. By not putting a cap on spending, the totalitarian states would run the entire show. Further down the leagues a lot of clubs would go bust. Yes, a club with the name of Bury could reappear in 10th division, but I do not think is good fun if QPR did the same as Bury, also losing the stadium in the process.
        Well I should rephrase to say they probably do want it gone, but they aren't about to push for changes that will allow any club to compete with them.

Comment

Looks as though they will escape a points deduction, as their chairman has paid the £40 million debt to save them from administration.​​​

Comment

If much of the debt is paid up and the owners and bidders can come to an agreement about a transaction then the case is closed - no administration.

Comment

The Premiership has been sucking the lifeblood out of the lower leagues for years now and it's getting worse.

On the other hand Brighton and Brentford have done remarkably well.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                Looks as though they will escape a points deduction, as their chairman has paid the £40 million debt to save them from administration.​​​
                I wonder how the debts were "paid"?

More chicanery?

Comment

I’m assuming Reading have got away with any points deduction too as the deadline has passed

We’re gonna have to stay up the hard way now!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

I wonder how the debts were "paid"?

More chicanery?
                    It was written off by the former owner rather than repaid. It was his debt from money he had put in to keep the club going. Clearly the new owners didnt want this liability on the books post takeover.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

It was written off by the former owner rather than repaid. It was his debt from money he had put in to keep the club going. Clearly the new owners didnt want this liability on the books post takeover.
                      Good, that's how it should be. Either walk away from it or get someone to step into your shoes. Clearly the purchaser wasn't prepared to do the latter.

Comment

Everton now under investigation and a points deduction is on the tsble. If we stay up we could be playing them next season...

Comment

Working...
                        X