No announcement yet.

Lineker dropped from Match of The Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Gary was talking about was immigration, immigration and asylum are two different things.
    Immigration is people choosing to live here and the UK allowing them.
    Asylum are being fleeing the country they call home as it no longer safe for them there and looking for a new home.

Its completely different.

The government is saying if you are an asylum seeker and can't find a safe route to the UK, you will be a criminal and sent back to your home country or ####ing Rwanda.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post
      Nothing Gary was talking about was immigration, immigration and asylum are two different things.
      Immigration is people choosing to live here and the UK allowing them.
      Asylum are being fleeing the country they call home as it no longer safe for them there and looking for a new home.

Its completely different.

The government is saying if you are an asylum seeker and can't find a safe route to the UK, you will be a criminal and sent back to your home country or ####ing Rwanda.
      And statistics revealed thst 40% of the boats were full of Albanians. How were these persecuted and what war are they fleating from?

The fact remains we do not have the capacity to house 800k new people every two years. These were fleaing Afgan; Hong Kong and Ukraine too. So that figure would include asylum.

If you want to know where they should go first check out european population density figures. We are one of the most densely populated countries in Europe.

https://www.worldometers.info/popula...by-population/

They should go to one of these safe countries and all should contribute to the infrastructure needed. Some of these countries could do with the population boast after many years of the brain drain moving to the UK pre-Brexit.

It meeds a long term solution that will take count of the movement of people from countries that will be impacted from global warming in the years to come. We are getting close to full if we want to keep land to grow the odd potatoe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post

Who said train driver's nurse's firemen teacher's are enemies of the state what are you going on about, the problem with Lineker is he's supposed to be impartial, it in his contract apparently him saying that the government trying to stop illegal migration has 1930s Germany retorech is terrible language that undermines what Germany done to millions of people in the war, this country has always welcomed refugees from war torn areas around the world, and i for one am proud of that.
        The UK HAS been decent to refugees but could be better and the language this government is now using to describe asylum seekers and the law they want to implement isn't the same thing of what you have historically been proud of.

Gary didn't say for the last 40 years we have been bad to Asylum seekers!
        He said this exactly:
        "There is no huge influx. We take far fewer refugees than other major European countries. This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s, and I’m out of order?"

He didn't say we treat people worse than Jewish people were treated by Nazi Germany, he said its not dissimilar to the language used to describe people in this situation as Germany in the 30s.
        Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks said “wherever people are persecuted for their race, their faith, their difference, the post-Holocaust imperative – "Never Again" – must be heard”.
        This is exactly what this law proposes to do.

Nazi Germany didn't just wake up one day and decide that Jewish people were bad. It was a swift but gradual spiral where you start be dehumanizing people and making them out to be something they aren't. These people aren't criminals, they aren't doing something wrong, they are fleeing as they are no longer safe where they live.

Its absolutely despicable that the government is painting these folks as bad guys,

Comment

Who cares about the Crisps shagger ..
          who cares about BBC ..
          all about QPR AND THEM BEAUTIFUL 3 points
          COME ON YOU RSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Football coverage has become ridiculous. There's more chatter than action. It was telling that tonight's MoTD was gonna be 20mins instead of what, 90?, after being stripped of the punditry and analysis.
            Hopefully this will be a watershed moment and a more pared down basic approach will follow where you don't need a handful of talking heads hijacking the programming. If this leads to the permanent disappearance of Micah effing Richards off my screen it'll be fantastic.

Comment

Hold on, this thread is getting increasingly political and its probably time that it was shunted off to "not QPR". It has evolved from a debate on whether sport should be politics free on to the rights or wrong of the governments policy. Is the place for a debate on politics and sport on this section anyway? Its debatable.

I'm torn on the matter. Is Lineker right to tweet such things? As a normal human being, then we are all entitled to air our views - fair enough. The rub for me comes that a stipulation in his contact with the BBC seems to forbid this in relation to politics. My view is that he has willingly signed up to that contract and should abide with its conditions not pick and choose.

Should I have posted this response in thieQPR section. Perhaps not?

Comment

More viewers tuned in MOTD

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  Hold on, this thread is getting increasingly political and its probably time that it was shunted off to "not QPR". It has evolved from a debate on whether sport should be politics free on to the rights or wrong of the governments policy. Is the place for a debate on politics and sport on this section anyway? Its debatable.

I'm torn on the matter. Is Lineker right to tweet such things? As a normal human being, then we are all entitled to air our views - fair enough. The rub for me comes that a stipulation in his contact with the BBC seems to forbid this in relation to politics. My view is that he has willingly signed up to that contract and should abide with its conditions not pick and choose.

Should I have posted this response in thieQPR section. Perhaps not?

Its getting political and should be moved off a football forum?!?! Oh, the irony.

Last edited by SheepRanger; 13-03-2023, 08:13 AM.

Comment

500,000 more viewers for MoTD on Saturday without those idiots there!

I think viewing figures will go to an all time low in the next few weeks.

Comment

Think this highlights a freedom of speech issue we now have in society. In my job and I suspect lots of others if we were to express un-PC opinions on social media we would be crucified and potentially in difficulties work wise. It seems unless you are one of the right on minority you are not allowed an opinion. So much for freedom of speech and expression! Irony with Gary Lineker is his views are too left wing rather than viewed as too far to the right. It is virtually unheard of for far left wing views to be curtailed.

Like most people I suspect my views are a mix of left and right depending on the issue. However in terms of what I express I am ever mindful of the PC tightrope we are subject to these days.

Comment

He is one smug prick, he is not in the clear just yet, there is an internal BBC investigation to take place, and he is on HMRC’s radar regarding his employment status.

I have visited Auschwitz, it is not for the faint hearted, he should apologise, his comments were utterly stupid, they were described this morning as childish.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                          He is one smug prick, he is not in the clear just yet, there is an internal BBC investigation to take place, and he is on HMRC’s radar regarding his employment status.

I have visited Auschwitz, it is not for the faint hearted, he should apologise, his comments were utterly stupid, they were described this morning as childish.
                          I people will protest by boycotting MoTD.

Only when rating drop will they revamp the presenters.

I watched Sat to boost the ratings and will boycott again until that idiot is removed.

Ive been to Auschwitz too and it was very moving. To even imply we have any form of similarity with 1930s Germany is a disgrace. We bought in 500k immigrants last year and many would have been from Afgan, Syria, Hong Kong and the Ukraine. We're only a small island compared to Germany and France ffs so of course they'll.take more. They have more land and lower population density than us.

Comment

I have just cancelled my TV Licence renewal due next month and will only stream from now on with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

There's nothing I'll miss live and if we're on sky I can use the SkyGo app and watch in a pub using their wifi.

Im sick and tired of funding the BBC for content I dont watch. I wont be able to watch any TV channels live; but there's nothing I want to watch anyway.

######s the lot of them!!
                            Last edited by SheepRanger; 14-03-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X