Our club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our club

After looking back over the last few years . IMO the issue hasn’t been the managers (I believe warburton was punching above his weight with this squad ) and made the dof and the Board look like we are on the right path etc and going places .. same with Beale (which was a great appointment) he will be England manager one day . Watching the recruitment manager talking the other day saying we have players on a list that we want to get .. this guy juts collects the stats so who is picking these players out for the recruitment guy to go and look at the stats gather the videos ?? .. I take from this that les is picking the players that he wants to but not the manager ! When Beale took over and was interviewed about transfers he said he watched pal from 14 years old (recruitment manager said on video qpr recommended pal and they had loads of data on him ) obviously Beale wanted him too. My point is les is picking the players Hench who warbs was moaning he wanted a striker . Les is seen at grounds around the country scouting . It’s wrong . What is he role at QPR . DOF ? DOF*S DONT GO SCOUTING.
    this is the core root of the problem we don’t have a scouting system in place . We have great owners but from the owners to the first team that middle part is the problem and needs to be sorted out asap or we are heading to league 1 and if owners walk we won’t have a club no more .

I think the problems you point out are only the tip of the iceberg.

The recruitment side of the football club has been letting us down big time, and Les for me is the symptom of the problem.

He has far too much influence at this club, where is Amit and Lee who should be challenging his decisions, but yeah they are nowhere to be seen.

Apparently Les is on something like 500k a year at QPR. I personally think he should be moved on and someone else brought in who perhaps is more experienced than him, I wouldn't mind someone who has been a manager before taking over the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
      I think you are assuming an awful lot there.

I haven't seen any evidence that Les does scouting. But even if he does, what's wrong with that? He probably has an opinion on players so why should we discount it? And we do have a scouting system, it's described in the very video that you reference.

Les has previously stated that he doesn't pick players. The club identifies potential signings but don't sign them unless the manager wants them. No self-respecting manager is going to agree to manage a squad where he has no input to the players that are signed.
      I know 100% Les was scouting Washington as i was at the last game he played for them before we spunked cash on him. regardless our recruitment when paying for players without them prior being on loan has been shambolic. Bonne, Washington, Dozzell alone probably 5m there at least plus add in wages per ratio of games played its not great reading with just them three alone.

Any player you pay for is a risk and a gamble i accept that some work out some don't Dykes as an example works his #### off but is as clinical infront of goal as a blind deaf dog. Recruitment has been when paid for diabolical and whoever has done the scouting needs to go.

Comment

I haven't seen any evidence that Les does scouting. But even if he does, what's wrong with that? He probably has an opinion on players so why should we discount it? And we do have a scouting system, it's described in the very video that you reference.

Les has previously stated that he doesn't pick players. The club identifies potential signings but don't sign them unless the manager wants them. No self-respecting manager is going to agree to manage a squad where he has no input to the players that are signed.
        whats the problem with les going scouting ??
        That’s the problem .
        I watch a lot of football and les is always in the crowd at games . His not there having a hotdog and taking in the atmosphere. His there looking at players . His clearly no good at it . Les says we are a selling club and and buy young cheap hungry players and get them sold for big profit . Which is a great model look at Brentford . Our problem is Les is no good at that he shouldn’t be anywhere near scouting players . Yes we have a scouting system in place it’s not working and hasn’t worked . Name one player we have brought cheap and sold for big profit (eze was already in the building ) so other than him ?? None. Brentford have made over 100 million on profit on transfers in last few years they have a proper scouting system in place . All we have is Les and this recruitment manager who wasn’t even a scout before he was a data analyst. This is the problem.
        If something don’t work after this long it isn’t going to work anytime . Needs to be changed get a proper scouting system in place . They only got to pop to south London to the football cages on a weekend and there is proper young ballers playing there that Crystal Palace keep tapping up .20 per cent of premiership players come from south London . I’m no scout but these are facts (there’s a documentary on this too I believe )

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

whats the problem with les going scouting ??
          That’s the problem .
          I watch a lot of football and les is always in the crowd at games . His not there having a hotdog and taking in the atmosphere. His there looking at players . His clearly no good at it . Les says we are a selling club and and buy young cheap hungry players and get them sold for big profit . Which is a great model look at Brentford . Our problem is Les is no good at that he shouldn’t be anywhere near scouting players . Yes we have a scouting system in place it’s not working and hasn’t worked . Name one player we have brought cheap and sold for big profit (eze was already in the building ) so other than him ?? None. Brentford have made over 100 million on profit on transfers in last few years they have a proper scouting system in place . All we have is Les and this recruitment manager who wasn’t even a scout before he was a data analyst. This is the problem.
          If something don’t work after this long it isn’t going to work anytime . Needs to be changed get a proper scouting system in place . They only got to pop to south London to the football cages on a weekend and there is proper young ballers playing there that Crystal Palace keep tapping up .20 per cent of premiership players come from south London . I’m no scout but these are facts (there’s a documentary on this too I believe )
          Calm down king Austin your talking far too much sense for a monday. Ive banged on about getting someone with the ability to spot a prospect they are out there. I live ten minutes from Peterborough they had more CF alone than we find across the pitch we aint very good at it and that's what hurts us the most development. i don't give a toss about well were in London its hard we got Arsenal chelsea spuds etc get out the box and look any decent scout should go bang in first few times a lad touches a ball if he's got something to work with.

Comment

Brentford spent a lot of money too and it took them decades to get out of the championship. Fact is we can scout all the players we want to but if we can't afford them or can't realistically compete with other clubs for them then scouting them is pointless. Maybe we scouted all the same players that Brentford did and even tried to sign some of them. Who knows?

I'm not surprised by the frustration but I am a little bemused by the recent hunt for a scapegoat (Les, typically) for reasons that are mostly speculation. Instead of going to the matches we should all be outside the ground with our pitchforks I think. We are 3 points off the play-offs by the way.
            3 points from the playoffs .. and 10 points from relegation. It’s a crazy league.

Jordan hugill is having a medical .. he isn’t going to be a NC signing . His absolutely awful and no manager would want him . But we will sign him . That’s not scouting That’s laziness and easy . We all watched out recruitment manager go on about data and scouting and stats of a player.. Hugill hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 years so all this rubbish about data / sats before we sign them . The buck stops at Les . There’s no defending him

Comment

Hear me out, but Pep is an absolute god at this. It's about having a planfor the entire squad and sticking to it throughout scouting, training and match play.

The players Pep signs are for want of better words, not stars before he signs them (afew exceptions like Haaland for sure), he wants players that are comfortable receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch, who can pass, move and adapt quickly. He has a squad of players like that and it does not matter what position they are on paper, it's the package he's looking at.

In out club the idea of a DOF is that they build a vision like this, a way of playing and therefore a way of scouting and signing. The issue being despite ìdeas`about how we should play there is clearly no cohesion to the way the club do this. We`ve kinda tried to find players to make a 532 work but yet don't play that system, we`ve kinda tried to find a way to make 2 number 10`s work, we're playing a lone striker and our main striker can't do that job.

Even if we are't playing flowing attractive football, if we are playing hoofball for example, there is a type of player that suits that style.

What went on here with Warbs? It was a mess in my opinion from the day Warnock was fired to the day MB arrived, that was the first time i'd seen the team playing consisitently as a unit, even if it was only for a short time.

Responsibility here lies with the DOF, I don't think the owners see that.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Hear me out, but Pep is an absolute god at this. It's about having a planfor the entire squad and sticking to it throughout scouting, training and match play.

The players Pep signs are for want of better words, not stars before he signs them (afew exceptions like Haaland for sure), he wants players that are comfortable receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch, who can pass, move and adapt quickly. He has a squad of players like that and it does not matter what position they are on paper, it's the package he's looking at.

In out club the idea of a DOF is that they build a vision like this, a way of playing and therefore a way of scouting and signing. The issue being despite ìdeas`about how we should play there is clearly no cohesion to the way the club do this. We`ve kinda tried to find players to make a 532 work but yet don't play that system, we`ve kinda tried to find a way to make 2 number 10`s work, we're playing a lone striker and our main striker can't do that job.

Even if we are't playing flowing attractive football, if we are playing hoofball for example, there is a type of player that suits that style.

What went on here with Warbs? It was a mess in my opinion from the day Warnock was fired to the day MB arrived, that was the first time i'd seen the team playing consisitently as a unit, even if it was only for a short time.

Responsibility here lies with the DOF, I don't think the owners see that.
                Absolutely spot on

Comment

Agree with your post about Hugill KingAustin, he’s a very limited striker that’s just slightly better than the fraud who currently plays number 9

Comment

So , Lyndon Dykes came because Warbs wanted him?
                    Lets be brutally honest, that signing has been a n abject failure, yes the lad has plenty of endeavour and tries his best, puts the effort in, but he is a self confessed striker, who is there to score goals, he couldn't hit a cows a rse with a banjo most of the time, and that's a fact

Comment

Working...
                    X