Fleetwood town fc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwood town fc

Gutted about yesterdays result, but there was only going to be one winner and Fleetwood deserved it and wanted it more and were a much better organised team than we were.

There's nothing really to say about the game, but I would like to congratulate Fleetwood on the way they run their club, it was great to meet so many friendly people.

I spoke to a few Fleetwood fans yesterday and they were all positive about their club, they all had fond memories of when joey Barton was manager and were sorry to see him leave.

Their owners seem to be connected to the fans, and I was told that away coach travel all season was £5 every game, if Fleetwood can do that surely we can do that for our fans, I wasn't on it but yesterdays coach was £46 I think

The facilities at their ground put ours to shame, "JIMS BAR" was great with a compare playing music before the game. How refreshing was it to see people behind the bar serving the drinks who actually knew what they were doing.
    Orderly queues to get drinks and not long waiting times, it put the blue and white bar to shame.

I DONT EVEN HAVE A DRINK INSIDE LOFTUS ROAD ANYMORE, I got sick and tired having to explain to the bar staff how to pour a drink, where do they get the staff from?

I wish I'd stayed in "JIMS BAR" for the 90 mins the game was on for!

Its time for QPR to up its game and think a bit more about the match day experience it gives its fans home and away, on the pitch and off it.

Yesterdays performance isn't even worth talking about, we've got players who definitely do not want to play us, time to #### them off out of it.

You have Hull City, who are doing free coach travel for the rest of the season, thats an owner who cares about the club and wants it to be successful.

Whats our answer? Increasing ticket prices and shocking performances on the pitch.

That sums up the club in a nutshell atm.

Comment

Well said. Still not sure about the DOF position and LF suitability for same. However.....was watching the highlights football on TV last night and it came from Orient.
      They were talking to Martin Ling who is the Orient DF. He came across really well and seemed to understand the importance of visibility and also the importance of sharing the plans for the future with Orients' fans. What a breath of fresh air something like that would be for our club.

One final point. We will likely see an upturn in form soon. Do not be fooled! Our situation long term is worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
        Well said. Still not sure about the DOF position and LF suitability for same. However.....was watching the highlights football on TV last night and it came from Orient.
        They were talking to Martin Ling who is the Orient DF. He came across really well and seemed to understand the importance of visibility and also the importance of sharing the plans for the future with Orients' fans. What a breath of fresh air something like that would be for our club.

One final point. We will likely see an upturn in form soon. Do not be fooled! Our situation long term is worrying.
        I think the problem lies at the top, I feel LF is influencing the club far too much and I feel its time he was moved on.

I still think we need to keep a DoF position, but perhaps get someone in who has more of a proven track record, so someone like Martin Ling would suit what we are after.

Comment

Why would Martin Ling even contemplate leaving Orient to come to us!

Comment

We can't even subsidise coach fares, so I doubt they would offer someone an attractive package to come over to us.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post

It is worrying because our model is based on brining players through and selling to fund the club. We are bringing players through from various courses but there doesnt seem to be much of a queue for our better players.

With one week of the transfer window gone i would have expected at least one insulting offer for either Willock, Chair or Dieng. But nothing.........

Comment

Wouldn't want to get on them coaches subsidised or not , was on the free coach to hull a good few years ago and there was this Quasimodo look a like that kept standing up and never shut up for the whole journey home .
                Apparently he's a regular

Comment

Is this the players coach you were on???!! Lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      Lol

Comment

I think the difference between us and Fleetwood is that they have a town where the only club near them is Blackpool so they really look after there supporters, where as we've got so many other team's around us that the only way we can attracked more support is in the prem when all the hangers-on start to come to game's. So they milk the hard-core fans as much as they can. And as fore the service in the ground is a joke i never bother with the well overpriced garbage they serve up not a very good experience for anyone coming to Loftus road now day's, sadly .

Comment

Working...
                        X