Ffp rules big clubs find another loophole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffp rules big clubs find another loophole

They always find a way to get around the rules, Chelsea sign a player for 35 million on a 7 1/2 year contract so the fee is spread over that time so that they don't break the rules, and also allows them to buy other players that way.
    They could buy 4 or 5 players in a season without getting anywhere near breaking the rules, I'm sure if QPR done that they would be down on us like a ton of bricks, the whole FFP rule should be scrapped it just favours the top clubs, hopefully the powers that be shut this loophole but I wouldn't hold my breath.

All geared to helping the big clubs , abolish it now

Comment

FFP needs to be radically changed.

Personally, one of the big problems of the current FFP (Or Profit and Sustainability regulations) as its called now, is that it restricts how much owners can put into the club, I personally find that it restricts clubs like ours from properly investing into the playing side of the club.

I personally favour the introduction of a salary cap, perhaps limiting it to 70% of income, to be more effective.

I think there are clubs out there like Stoke City who want FFP rules to be changed or radically rethought. I think the whole COVID situation a few seasons ago has made the current system redundant

Comment

Posted before, this is how you get around PFP rules.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...heory-22989314

Comment

FFP is anything but fair its designed for the bigger clubs with bigger stadiums and support.
          They should abolish it , if people want to invest they're money into a football club it's up to them.
          It makes me sick that all the big boys , especially Liverpool were moaning when Newcastle were taken over and are now the richest club in the world. #### em i hope Newcastle win the lot , They're all hypocritical #####.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
            FFP is anything but fair its designed for the bigger clubs with bigger stadiums and support.
            They should abolish it , if people want to invest they're money into a football club it's up to them.
            It makes me sick that all the big boys , especially Liverpool were moaning when Newcastle were taken over and are now the richest club in the world. #### em i hope Newcastle win the lot , They're all hypocritical #####.
            I’m with you harrow it’s ok whilst them that are winning and break ffp once it bites them on the #### it becomes unfair, too many flouting it to endorse it

Comment

Hopefully the player will be a dud and do a "Winston Bogarde" on them and sit in the stands for several years picking up wages.

I've never really understood the point in amortising a transfer fee over length of the player's contract. If the selling club is happy to be paid in instalments over seven years then fair enough I suppose. However, given most clubs want paying far quicker than that FFP should be calculated on the real-time outlay being shelled out.

Comment

Who will be the first club to give a player a 10 year contract so that they can pay the transfer off over 10 years to avoid breaking FFP rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                  Who will be the first club to give a player a 10 year contract so that they can pay the transfer off over 10 years to avoid breaking FFP rules.
                  Glasgow Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Hopefully the player will be a dud and do a "Winston Bogarde" on them and sit in the stands for several years picking up wages.

I've never really understood the point in amortising a transfer fee over length of the player's contract. If the selling club is happy to be paid in instalments over seven years then fair enough I suppose. However, given most clubs want paying far quicker than that FFP should be calculated on the real-time outlay being shelled out.
                    Players are viewed as being assets, and its standard accounting practice to write off the cost of an asset over its anticipated useful life. Quite how you determine the useful life of a dud player is, of course, a matter of debatable interpretation

Comment

Chelscum really taking the #### on the long term contracts so they don't break any ffp rules, if they can do it so can we, but we would probably done for breaking them.
                      Even Manure are in on it, time for the scrapping of ffp the big clubs will always find a way round the rules. Chelscum have already spent over a 180 million this season all on the never never.

Comment

Working...
                      X