Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonne Gone

Contract terminated by mutual consent

Clearly no one wanted to pay any money for him.

Frees up some wages i guess.

Goes on the is list off duff buys form Div one

Cousens
    Washington
    Bonne

Some players just can't step up that extra level

Comment

If we had him on £8k a week and he can expect £5k a week in L1 then we should surely psy him £3k a week for the remaining term of his contract.......?

But there's definately a saving there to be used on players who mske the first team. Hopefully we'll get some quality instead of quantity soon.

Comment

Contract up this summer. Becoming free agent increases chances of finding new club.

My guess, 6 months remaining, we've given 3-4 months money as pay off.

Expecting more to follow, Thomas, Archer, Shodipo, Bettache, Duke-McKenna, Owens, contracts end this summer. High chance they'll leave too. Honestly probably best for their future to find new club this January opposed to mad rush in Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
          Contract up this summer. Becoming free agent increases chances of finding new club.

Expecting more to follow, Thomas, Archer, Shodipo, Bettache, Duke-McKenna, Owens, contracts end this summer. High chance they'll leave too. Honestly probably best for their future to find new club this January opposed to mad rush in Summer.
          I agree, but......

isnt Duke-McKeena still regarded as a prospect?

I thought Archer did well when he played but got injured. We need some backup and Mahoney is still young.

Comment

I think certainly Shopido and Thomas will stay until the summer if only because our squad is so light. Rest tend to agree.

Bonne was worth a punt at the time after a promising season in a struggling Charlton side but just hasn't kicked on from that.

Comment

A rough guess … I would imagine if they went we would free up 30/40k week maybe more

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                I guess it's a good indication that we are looking to do some business in this window.
                Perhaps thats the reason why we let Bonne go early from his contract.

It does open the door now to us hopefully getting a striker in this month, most likely on loan.

it does also indicate a striker coming in the summer, potentially from L1/L2 who is an upcoming prospect

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I agree, but......

isnt Duke-McKeena still regarded as a prospect?

I thought Archer did well when he played but got injured. We need some backup and Mahoney is still young.
                  I thought Duke-McKenna would push on this season following successful loan at Torquay last season. Struggling to get on pitch for Leyton Orient. 23 in October. Has to drop down leagues, start playing.

Archer, 30 in April. We have Joe Walsh and Murphy-Mahoney under contract. One of them should understudy Dieng. No disrespect to Archer, needs
                  No 1 slot somewhere.

Comment

I find it all a bit weird... He seemed okay enough in the games he played for us but quickly fell out of favour. Even this season, given we are not blessed riches up front you'd think he'd have got a run out.
                    Makes sense to let him go if we're not going to play him - gives him a chance to rebuild his career away from LR and for us to move on too.

Comment

Another case of bad business. 2 million and in the end we had to pay him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I find it all a bit weird... He seemed okay enough in the games he played for us but quickly fell out of favour. Even this season, given we are not blessed riches up front you'd think he'd have got a run out.
                        Makes sense to let him go if we're not going to play him - gives him a chance to rebuild his career away from LR and for us to move on too.
                        Agreed, never really given much of a chance here, but when played never seemed to seize the opportunity. Even last season when he seemed to be scoring goals for fun whilst at Ipswich, then all of a sudden the goals stopped and he was once again out of their starting 11. Ultimately this has not worked out very well for us.

Comment

May have this wrong but sense he struggled with his overall fitness and attitude wise not quite right

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            Another case of bad business. 2 million and in the end we had to pay him off.
                            Hope we have learnt. Bonne, Washington, Dozzell money down the drain. Reflects badly on our scouting setup. Have no time for Hughes (I thought he was unemployable-Bradford thought otherwise), but at least he had the idea of setting up a wide scouting network even if it never materialised. Tragedy Uncle was sucked in by his adoration for Redchap being a West 'am cheeky chappy and all that and by Hughes dreariness, which he mistook for serious people skills. How wrong can you be. Get rid of most of them, if we can and start again. We'll probably have to sell one of our half-dozen decent players at this level, but so be it. Redknapp was the king of wasting money on injury prone, unmotivated has beens , and Hughes the king of signing unmotivated players. Oh the shame that Brentford and fulham have left us so far behind. Would have been unthinkable @ 1995 when I moved to Oz.Meanwhile Chelscum have become a world-famous club on the back of support from an extremely dubious source. Football is rotten to the core at the highest level. Haven't watched a full, live, EPL game since we were relegated. Too boring. Loadsa of money , however dubiously acquired means that's all that really counts. Leicester was a once in two generations event.

Comment

Originally posted by Bangonthedrum View Post

Hope we have learnt. Bonne, Washington, Dozzell money down the drain. Reflects badly on our scouting setup. Have no time for Hughes (I thought he was unemployable-Bradford thought otherwise), but at least he had the idea of setting up a wide scouting network even if it never materialised. Tragedy Uncle was sucked in by his adoration for Redchap being a West 'am cheeky chappy and all that and by Hughes dreariness, which he mistook for serious people skills. How wrong can you be. Get rid of most of them, if we can and start again. We'll probably have to sell one of our half-dozen decent players at this level, but so be it. Redknapp was the king of wasting money on injury prone, unmotivated has beens , and Hughes the king of signing unmotivated players. Oh the shame that Brentford and fulham have left us so far behind. Would have been unthinkable @ 1995 when I moved to Oz.Meanwhile Chelscum have become a world-famous club on the back of support from an extremely dubious source. Football is rotten to the core at the highest level. Haven't watched a full, live, EPL game since we were relegated. Too boring. Loadsa of money , however dubiously acquired means that's all that really counts. Leicester was a once in two generations event.
                              Ive watched some great EPL games this season that were far from boring ... Example Watford away. Agree with most of what u say. Disliked us under Rednapp and Hughes . Football/ club and signings been much better under warbs , Beale and critch.

Comment

Working...
                              X