Dykes New Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
    We genuinely have 1 first team striker (cheers DoF and Hoos!) and people want him sold??? Makes no sense! We NEED to get ANOTHER striker IN, not sell our only 1!!!

We should be telling Rangers and the snake they can have Bonne, as he’s the only striker available for sale!
    Wish we could turn down offers, sadly we can't. If richer club, pays higher wages and pays transfer fees, wants one of our players. they're sold. Les and Lee can push for higher transfer fee but that's about it.

Personally, I'd stick with current deal until next year, look to negotiate with Dykes next January. I think we have to get used to several first team players leaving every season, how it is nowadays.

Comment

Dykes lacks awareness and positional play . He's often static and doesn't anticipate where the ball will be played leaving him flat footed.
      Can't knock his efforts but we need more from him . Tuesday was his best game for us in a while hope he keeps it up . Wouldn't sell him unless we get a striker or two in first .

Comment

Good services a MUST !!

Comment

Well standing still or running away from the ball do him no favours

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Well standing still or running away from the ball do him no favours
            They are the least of our worries , it's when he gets the ball and it bounces off his feet because his touch is so poor that i get the hump.
            To be fair to him , his control and touch was a lot better against Sheff utd the other night.

Comment

I wonder if theres a deal to swap Dykes for Shankland from Hearts? We were linked with him before and a swap would be very neat.

Comment

Say he's worth £5 million today. That value will gradually ebb away by 5%ish every month until this time next year (with barely 5 months left on his contract) when he'll be worth zilch.

IF we are to ever meaningfully cash-in on him we either have to sell him in this window OR tie him down beyond end of next season.

Selling him now would be madness given we have no other options to replace him. A longer/improved contract is the only sensible option.

Irrespective of all that I like the lad. He's strong, brave, works tirelessly, never lets his head drop and is physically robust without needing regular spells in sickbay. The service he gets is atrocious, virtually nonexistent but he plugs away without complaining, moaning or waving his arms about.

Comment

After today, its a definite he should go.

Laughing at others, his attitude stinks and its totally unacceptable.

Comment

If his attitude stinks then what does that say about the rest? He is one of the few who try. I'll take him. Get rid of wasters like Amos, Roberts, Thomas, niko, masterson etc. Even get rid adomah. We aren't a charity case. He isnt good enough for the championship anymore. Too slow and too old.

Get rid and start again. Bin off the under 23s aswell. Another lot who are mid 20s and still getting paid to train 5 days a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X