X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

All fair points .
    agree with parts .
    however having Sinclair -barnes - dykes as our strikers at the club they will not score 10 between them from now till end of the season . We are not league 1 we still have a chance of the playoffs (unlikely )
    does everyone on here think we are getting a prime barnes here that will make every thing ok ? This is just Austin mark 2 when he came back will score 1/2 Goals . Legs gone can’t run the channels etc .
    I really hope we don’t sign him and have other irons in the fire like a proper club trying to get in the premiership. Not just settle for a 33 year old whose legs have gone .
    While you're right that just sticking 3 strikers in the squad aand changing nothing will result in the same issues, my point is we need 3 strikers in the sqaud with the ability to adapt.

As we do not have a star upfront, we need to be able to play 2 strikers at certain times.

For me, i have seen enough to say that Artstrong can be that lone striker, but i guess not yet. So for now we have to play to cards we have and we are not functioning with 5 forwards as the options.

As much of an ####### he is, damn MB got this team playing well, if he'd signed Lowe, I'd have complete faith. But the way we are now I just don't see us doing enough in the final third without better target men options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Suggest some of these then if there's a lot?
      I’m not going to scroll thru data of each club in the premiership. There is 600 odd player’s registered in the premiership we have 20 teams and aloud 23 (something like this in a squad ) as you know we can only play with 11 players that’s a lot of players that don’t play . If we are in the loan market for a striker this is where we should be looking . We was linked with the Brighton striker (perfect what we can afford and need )
      a player I would love is to get on loan from arsenal khayon Edwards his a striker .
      If you seriously think barnes is perfect for us and “watch him go “ etc (your words ). I would maybe stop watching football and go into baking cup cakes with Jeff or something
      I want to get to the premiership with my team I want us to sign good players who will get us there .
      I’m not happy signing players like barnes and sitting midtable and have a little flirt with playoffs every other season then drop off .
      we have been left behind by all the clubs around us because fans like you settle for these type of signings and settle for Les to still be sitting at the top and out chairmen not spending money hiding behind ffp

Comment

• I get you're annoyed and don't agree with some opinions of others but quit the personal slights please.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          I get you're annoyed and don't agree with some opinions of others but quit the personal slights please.
          Please advise what the “personal slights “ are please anywhere in this post

Comment

Please advise what the “personal slights “ are please anywhere in this post
            I'm pretty sure you know already but "baking cupcakes with Jeff" is a personal comment against another poster who hasn't even posted in this thread as far as I can see. The only reason for a comment like that that I can see is to provoke the other poster. Comments like "fans like you..." are not exactly helpful either and are not necessary to make your point. We are all QPR fans and all want the best for the club I'm sure.

"I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• 3 million bid for Lyndon from Millwall has been rejected

how have Millwall got 3 million to spend? And we have 3 quid?

they are a similar size club to us atm

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

I'm pretty sure you know already but "baking cupcakes with Jeff" is a personal comment against another poster who hasn't even posted in this thread as far as I can see. The only reason for a comment like that that I can see is to provoke the other poster. Comments like "fans like you..." are not exactly helpful either and are not necessary to make your point. We are all QPR fans and all want the best for the club I'm sure.
                So saying go and bake cupcakes is a personal attack on a poster and saying go and bake cakes with Jeff is to provoke (meaning in my opinion neither of them know what they talking about … that’s my opinion to have )
                This is ridiculous and sums you up as a ref . I can see why everyone is leaving and going to “loft for words” forum . This site will be dead and finished soon
                as you were buffalo

Comment

• I’m out of here .. having adults say I can’t tell someone go make cup cakes . Ridiculous.

Comment

• You are indeed entitled to your opinion but those personal opinions are not relevant to the conversation and do nothing to help make your point.

I was just trying to head off some conflict and all I did was ask politely. If that's too much for you then that's up to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      3 million bid for Lyndon from Millwall has been rejected

how have Millwall got 3 million to spend? And we have 3 quid?

they are a similar size club to us atm
                      What’s the betting he’s sold on deadline day? Perfect excuse for owners and other idiots in charge not to spend the cash we get? Armstrong sent out on loan is another one to happen, leaving us no strikers! We’ll be ok though eh? We are scoring goals for fun lately aren’t we? 5 in last 11 is great!

Comment

• Never been much of a fan of cupcakes. Look pretty but all too often dry and lacking any flavour. A rich, moist fruitcake, now that is a proper cake. Made a Christmas cake this year which everyone seemed to love. Was quite chuffed as first cake I had made in years.

Comment

• Love Carrot Cake myself, anyone who doesn't agree can insult me as much as ya like, bad Language totally acceptable, no insult to Earthy
                          To many people have lost the Beauty of a good old Rant...

Comment

• Have we not learned our lessons on over the hill strikers like Barnes, agree with what KingAustin and many others have said regarding our recruitment since Ferdinand arrived.

If fans can’t have the odd rant on here then what’s the point?

Comment

I’m not going to scroll thru data of each club in the premiership. There is 600 odd player’s registered in the premiership we have 20 teams and aloud 23 (something like this in a squad ) as you know we can only play with 11 players that’s a lot of players that don’t play . If we are in the loan market for a striker this is where we should be looking . We was linked with the Brighton striker (perfect what we can afford and need )
                              a player I would love is to get on loan from arsenal khayon Edwards his a striker .
                              If you seriously think barnes is perfect for us and “watch him go “ etc (your words ). I would maybe stop watching football and go into baking cup cakes with Jeff or something
                              I want to get to the premiership with my team I want us to sign good players who will get us there .
                              I’m not happy signing players like barnes and sitting midtable and have a little flirt with playoffs every other season then drop off .
                              we have been left behind by all the clubs around us because fans like you settle for these type of signings and settle for Les to still be sitting at the top and out chairmen not spending money hiding behind ffp
                              Who do you think you are? King fan not Austin hahaha. You're deluded for a start. We average 12-13k a week and have zero non matchday income so hiding behind FFP isn't an excuse, it's a reality. You're chatting nonsense and can't back it up. You've named two players. Undav will have plenty of options so why would we be top of his list? Edwards has played youth football, would be a gamble. You were moaning about our transfer policy, but you want to bring in Edwards who we have absolutely no chance of signing permanently in the near future, which is currently our policy. So, what should our transfer policy be in your eyes? It needs sorting out, you're right about that.

How about stop moaning and actually post something constructive? Or moan about something reasonable. Don't you think everyone wishes we could "get to the premiership and sign good players who will get us there".

Edit - STOP the personal attacks. Buff

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                                Have we not learned our lessons on over the hill strikers like Barnes, agree with what KingAustin and many others have said regarding our recruitment since Ferdinand arrived.

If fans can’t have the odd rant on here then what’s the point?
                                Nobody is saying you can't rant - rant all you like but personal comments are unnecessary and usually only cause offence.

Comment

Working...
                                X