style of play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• style of play

Ever since we have tried this, best described as tippy tappy style of play, we have on occasion played pretty stuff and won a few.
    But as soon as we get sussed out, everything falls apart.
    We can't play this playing out from the back imo.
    We don't have Arsenal's standard of player.
    We used to be far more consistent playing in the other teams half, remember Tarbs wasn't allowed the ball in our half under warnock.
    We have to battle, harass, be ####in horrible and counter quickly, getting the ball in the box.

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Ever since we have tried this, best described as tippy tappy style of play, we have on occasion played pretty stuff and won a few.
    We used to be far more consistent playing in the other teams half, remember Tarbs wasn't allowed the ball in our half under warnock.
    We have to battle, harass, be ####in horrible and counter quickly, getting the ball in the box.

We seem to struggle when Stef is missing because he links the play up between defence , midfield and attack , we would also be able to play this style better with a decent centre forward that can hold the ball up and let the other players get up the pitch.
    I like this style of play but we haven't quite got the players to play it yet , it could have been a lot better if Beale had got his centre forward in the summer.

Comment

I thought we looked far more comfortable than England when playing out from the back but I suppose that's not really saying much is it.. I agree we need to get forward and into final third far quicker. If that means booting it long sometimes then so be it.

Comment

Seems to be the fashion. England the same, passing between defenders in own half or on halfway line, no tempo and no real threat. No point waiting for killer pass from back as we don't possess it. Move the ball quickly forwards. When fit we have pace going forwards and should be stretching opposition defence more. Dykes gets riss poor service most games.

We also have players to play more old school 4-4-2 so why not mix it up sometimes, be less predictable. Or go three at back. Anything but tippy tappy.

Hopefully new manager will shake things up and maybe bring in two or three faces in January.

Thank God we got some points on the board earlier in the season.

Comment

We have a center forward who heads a ball better than he kicks in my opinion.
          We need to play to the strengths that he will get goals from, crosses, flat crosses, deep crosses just aim for the lump.
          Make that our no1 aim and you'll see space on the edge of the area appear for willock and chair to have the occasional dig.
          But generally get players around Dykes.....imo

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

So so true.We need to play good football still but can't go long for me.I just feel I'd rather have the quality players produce where there positions are,we seem to have players running around everywhere trying to do everything

Comment

We need two forwards up there Dykes is a waste playing single forward. We have one on the bench who will run hes socks off but is never played. As soon as Armstrong is on the pitch i get excited becasuse i now something will happen. He is raw and brutal material but he must be played how cold he otherwise develop?

Comment

I think the match against Preston showed us that we are better when we mix things up - sometimes getting the ball to the strikers right away and sometimes playing it out from the back. It makes us more unpredictable. We played with more aggressiveness and intensity, more width and we were more direct. All these changes were very refreshing, and based on one match it looked much more effective. We have some skilful players, so we can play different styles of football, which I think is a great advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                  I think the match against Preston showed us that we are better when we mix things up - sometimes getting the ball to the strikers right away and sometimes playing it out from the back. It makes us more unpredictable. We played with more aggressiveness and intensity, more width and we were more direct. All these changes were very refreshing, and based on one match it looked much more effective. We have some skilful players, so we can play different styles of football, which I think is a great advantage.
                  I agree on that, perhaps mixing it up more is the answer, especially as it would allow us to be more unpredictable.

Comment

Working...
                  X