Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football likely to be postponed

What’s the views on the forum?

People are expected to work yet ‘enjoyment’ activities like footy are likely to all be cancelled.

I understand the pressure on police particularly in London but the funeral is not till Monday week.

I also get the fact that all it will take is one bit of trouble and/or booing the national anthem for there to be uproar

There’s talk that this midweeks matches and next weekends could go ahead which confuses me even more. What will be different?

My view is that they should allow all to go ahead or cancel them all till after the funeral which coincides with the international break

Thoughts?

Need to be stoically British and carry on regardless especially given the current climate with people struggling financially, shutting everything down for a week or so isn't in my opinion viable or good for anyone.
    On a football side imagine being an away fan who has stumped up to travel this weekend and loses it all?
    By all means have a national day of mourning but life must go on, and I am sure her majesty would have agreed with that.

Comment

I don't see why they should be cancelled. There will be plenty of opportunity to mourn and show respect.

She was a remarkable woman and an amazing head of state but her passing will affect me in my own personal way - I don't need anyone to remove my entertainment options. God forbid I should continue to enjoy myself.

Now, if the players etc. decide that they can't play then that's another thing but a blanket cancellation of sporting events is a bit silly IMO.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

As sad as it is, people will not mourn to the same level of losing a member of their own family. Well they shouldnt, but the level of grief from Diana's dealth made me question some people's priorities.

But can you imagining booing from Liverpool fans being broadcast around the world during a minutes silence? Id be happy to play but broadcasters must not broadcast the sound so idiots do not get a platform.

Its incredibly sad but she wasnt a member of my family and sufficient respect is being shown.

Comment

Official all matches called off

Comment

All games off!

Comment

Ridiculous IMO.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Well that must apply to all sports, including her beloved horse racing.

Comment

Its a confusing world.

I decided to say to my manager I am not coming in for the next ten days as I am mourning the loss of our head of state !!!!

(Flippant comment)

When it was my dads funeral last year I had to take it off as a half days annual leave !!!!

Thats our companies bereavement policy apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
                    Its a confusing world.

I decided to say to my manager I am not coming in for the next ten days as I am mourning the loss of our head of state !!!!

(Flippant comment)

When it was my dads funeral last year I had to take it off as a half days annual leave !!!!

I think you need to change your employer if they have such little regard for an employee's wellbeing - seriously!!!

I those circumstances i would take a week off on the sick with a bad back in silent protest.

Comment

Its a confusing world.

(Flippant comment)

Disgusting mate, some people have no idea how to treat employees
                      Actually or anyone else if that's their policy

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        As sad as it is, people will not mourn to the same level of losing a member of their own family. Well they shouldnt, but the level of grief from Diana's dealth made me question some people's priorities.

But can you imagining booing from Liverpool fans being broadcast around the world during a minutes silence? Id be happy to play but broadcasters must not broadcast the sound so idiots do not get a platform.

Its incredibly sad but she wasnt a member of my family and sufficient respect is being shown.
                        I personally think it is silly to cancel all sporting events , they should let people pay they're respects at the events , life goes on as they say.
                        Surely even the Liverpool fans can't be that scummy to boo the death of our Queen , anyone that boos or is disresectful should be arrested and put in the tower.

Comment

Its a confusing world.

(Flippant comment)

I am sure that the death of a close relative you are entitled to one weeks paid bereavement leave by law.
                          I think your company have tucked you right up.

Comment

There's no amount of time off defined in law for bereavement (unless it's your child under 18) but you are allowed "reasonable" time off. Whether it's paid leave is also optional I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I personally think it is silly to cancel all sporting events , they should let people pay they're respects at the events , life goes on as they say.
                              Surely even the Liverpool fans can't be that scummy to boo the death of our Queen , anyone that boos or is disresectful should be arrested and put in the tower.
                              Oh I think you underestimate how low a piece of excrement from Liverpool can go!
                              What is puzzling is that rugby goes ahead and racing goes again Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X