Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mick

I want him to succeed firstly.
    Just watched after match interview on offish.
    How can I put this.....is he over estimating the players?
    He has said when all are fit we'll be in a good place. Will we? The way I see it we'll be one injury away from having incompetent replacements back in the starting 11.
    Nice bloke, honest and doesn't hide behind cliches.
    But he is either over egging the pudding, or is bs- ing.
    I realise he can't come out and say so and so is absolutely shite, but I'd rather hear he is really disappointed with the finishing or the slow build up.
    Nothing has changed from end of last season.
    The only answer for me is personel change I'd rather put a battling youngster in the team than a sideways, backwards crab of a player.
    We take so long to go forward the opposition have time to pack up their deck chairs, place them neatly behind their goal , before having a quick stretch and wish each other luck for incoming attack of tortoises.

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    I want him to succeed firstly.
    Just watched after match interview on offish.
    How can I put this.....is he over estimating the players?
    He has said when all are fit we'll be in a good place. Will we? The way I see it we'll be one injury away from having incompetent replacements back in the starting 11.
    Nice bloke, honest and doesn't hide behind cliches.
    But he is either over egging the pudding, or is bs- ing.
    I realise he can't come out and say so and so is absolutely shite, but I'd rather hear he is really disappointed with the finishing or the slow build up.
    Nothing has changed from end of last season.
    The only answer for me is personel change I'd rather put a battling youngster in the team than a sideways, backwards crab of a player.
    We take so long to go forward the opposition have time to pack up their deck chairs, place them neatly behind their goal , before having a quick stretch and wish each other luck for incoming attack of tortoises.
    To be fair to him like any manager only as good as your players and their ability. It’s the same at old Trafford and the same at whoever’s bottom of non league. We had chances to score last night and failed with better opportunities than Blackpool. We are lacking too much quality in too many areas for this to Micks fault. Without willock we struggle fact in dykes we have a million pound striker that’s just not good enough backed up by Bonne who’s also out of his depth which leaves Armstrong who’s looking like a find needs a goal but will come needs a start as well. We’re in for a long slog and until we get Amos and richards I expect more defeats his options are slim pickings

Comment

Mick's after match presser with WLS he is saying that we are over stocked in the forwards.
      And hinted that Bonne will go if the right deal is on the table.
      Also said that Roberts is a 9.
      Well for me he must start ahead Dykes, Armstrong still has some learning to do.
      We should be touting Dykes around Scotland imo, he is getting pelters now and that won't change

Comment

Come on anyone that watched last nite must know we are seriously lacking all over the pitch

Comment

It was almost a repeat of how we were at the end of last season a failure to use substitutions at the right time for the right person . E.g. SJ foreign invisible and Roberts who had ran out of steam by the 60th min

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
            Hoping to be in a good place when everybody is fit is a bit foolish really. I don't remember the last time we had all of our key players fit and available.

Having said that, I'm probably less critical than most on here. Yes, we lost last night when we probably shouldn't have and some things are still not working. But it was competitive again, we played some nice football at times and created some good chances. The new players show a lot of promise for me. We are only 5 games into a new season, we have 5 new players, some youngsters and a new manager to integrate.

Of those 5 games, we have beaten Boro, come back to draw superbly at Sunderland and lost the other 3 by either one goal or penalties. That tells me that although we have some way to go, we aren't far off being a good side.

I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with what MB is doing and I think he's seeing what I am seeing and being as honest as he can in his interviews. I'm quite happy to give him and the players more time, personally.
            A very fair assessment imo.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I do think our performance last night was not that bad, we just need to be clinical in front of goal and ultimately that was the reason why we lost last night.

I feel like we need to bring in a decent striker in on loan or on a free transfer for the season. I feel like we do need reinforcements still in two or three areas.

Yes its only 5 games, but the signs are there, the question is whether the board are prepared to back the manager.

Comment

As he said we created plenty of chances last night, had any one of them gone it's a different game and we are looking at 3 points. There are some key areas to fix, mainly Stef and LWB which I haven;t heard him directly acknowledge, but there is truth in what he has said post match.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  As he said we created plenty of chances last night, had any one of them gone it's a different game and we are looking at 3 points. There are some key areas to fix, mainly Stef and LWB which I haven;t heard him directly acknowledge, but there is truth in what he has said post match.
                  We created eff all, didn't lay a glove on them. Blackpool are a tidy organised unit but our lack of genuine goal threat last night was shocking in my view.

Comment

Manager has been here 5 minutes and almost certainly has not been able to do what he would have liked to in this transfer window, and still time to make another signing or two.

Hopefully he can see what we can see and will make some changes. I don't think we will be challenging for promotion but if we can play to our strengths could be comfortable mid-table.

Comment

Once we offload Bonne and Thomas he can bring in Juan Mata

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

We created eff all, didn't lay a glove on them. Blackpool are a tidy organised unit but our lack of genuine goal threat last night was shocking in my view.
                        Must have seen a different game boss.

They laboured getting the ball up there and we can talk about the semantics of 'creating chances' But had strikers taken their opportunities we'd have put 5 past them. Sinclair had 3 clear cut chances alone, one of those forced a pretty good save.

I'm not saying we were good last night, but MB is right in that if Dykes / Sinclair had converted any one of what were pretty bloody good opportunities it's a different game and this whole board is talking differently about last nights performance.

Comment

Lots of ifs and buts on here , we didn’t do enough to win the game , one piece of quality won the game , until we get a proper forward in we will struggle , but service needs to be better too , he goes on about laird crossing for someone to knock it home but he needed to look up and see the options but there were no midfielders in there as they are all too deep , it just seems similar to the breadman to me , talking up a mediocre performance

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
                            Lots of ifs and buts on here , we didn’t do enough to win the game , one piece of quality won the game , until we get a proper forward in we will struggle , but service needs to be better too , he goes on about laird crossing for someone to knock it home but he needed to look up and see the options but there were no midfielders in there as they are all too deep , it just seems similar to the breadman to me , talking up a mediocre performance
                            That could easily have been a Warbs team last night. With the exception of little to no messing around outside our own box and Sinclair actually getting on the team sheet, could have been the same man in charge.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong like the guy and want him to succeed obviously, but think he’s being strung along by les and the board , it’s his first manager job so will be easy to fob him off even if we sell willock and dieng , he may not get any funds , just be told the money is already being used on the debt , just hard to see any progress under this ownership, lies lies and More lies

Comment

Working...
                              X