Illias Chair free kick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illias Chair free kick

OK Seny has had the headlines all weekend and rightly so.
    But I think Illias deserves a thread on that quite superb goal and assist.
    The fella is getting criticised alot now, which I think is very unfair, so how about some praise.
    Top right corner a thing of beauty.
    How often do we score from fk's?
    He is one of our best players well played illy, great input in this game, secured a point that was really not looking on.
    The team it has to be said is showing that resilliance we had under Warbs on that run we had.
    Players are playing for the club not themselves

Has looked frustrated at times and not been at his best for a while but that late show will hopefully help his confidence. Certainly can be a very good player at this level when on form.

Comment

Chair was terrible up until the free kick and he's not had a good start to the season. For some of our fans to get on his back is mental though and I'm glad it shut a few up.

I believe he will flourish under Beale. We need to remember he's only had 3 previous seasons in the squad and has got better with each season and now will be targeted by the opposition, so there will be games when he's not at it. However, he needs encouragement not pelters. It's clear to see he never hides and he will come good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Chair was terrible up until the free kick and he's not had a good start to the season. For some of our fans to get on his back is mental though and I'm glad it shut a few up.

I believe he will flourish under Beale. We need to remember he's only had 3 previous seasons in the squad and has got better with each season and now will be targeted by the opposition, so there will be games when he's not at it. However, he needs encouragement not pelters. It's clear to see he never hides and he will come good.
        Well said

Comment

He just needs to looking at going forward more , so what if he loses it . Can play those little one , twos round defenders . Just need to see it more it's In his game

Comment

Like all, I love Chair, but he can be a tad frustrating, let’s hope his free kicks and corner’s have improved so he is now a real danger at dead ball situations.

By the way, that was a seriously good free kick, pinpoint.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Also needs to keep his temper in check...could of quite easily been sent off Saturday and its not the first time he's done that sort of thing.

Comment

I thought his wife has just had a baby. No idea of circumstances but sure Mick Beale mentioned it in interview. Perhaps if everybody had been fit, Illias would have been rested or subs bench.

Cut him some slack, he'll come good again.

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Also needs to keep his temper in check...could of quite easily been sent off Saturday and its not the first time he's done that sort of thing.
                  He gets targeted because he is good player, but agree if teams see they can get to him they'll do it even more.
                  Did you see the Liverpool striker on home debut?
                  He will now get alot of provocation after that reaction last night

Comment

Originally posted by SM3 Ranger View Post

Very true. I do think he's one of them players that is better when he's fired up though. As you said, he needs to make sure he can play on the edge but not cross it. We couldn't have had any complaints if he got sent off on Saturday, it would have been soft but he did raise his hands. Although I'm glad common sense prevailed. I'm old school and the opponent wasn't in any danger so to speak but it's a fine line when you do what he did.

Comment

Working...
                    X