X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Well done to them.

However have to say for me that despite all the OTT hype I cannot really understand why it would interest anyone much beyond friends and relatives of those taking part.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    My granddaughter plays & I go & watch her, great fun & there are some talented girls out there

Leave a comment:

• longtime_ranger
    replied
    It's going to have an impact.

To be fair, if the women's game gets greater support and attendances increase to levels over 15k for WSL games, let's hope so.

Watched the game in a sports bar near me and there were a lot of women there, nearly 50%, normally for mens games there us almost zero.

Appreciate its a massive game.

But yes it will be bigged up by the media so that will have an impact.

Its not a bad thing, just different.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,
    Womens Football has come a Long way, as has their Boxing, I am the Anti Woke but well done to them for the Win, now back to me Man Stuff.

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Any big football match in a pub the women turn up with their faces painted scretching in my ear every time a player gets within 25 yards of the goal. Back to a normal game and they're no where to be seen.

I did a bit of research and Man City v Man Utd got an attendance of 5,000. Man City's lowest attendance was 1,100

I hope this win can develop the club game beyond selling tickets for £10 and they can get averages attendances up to 10,000. But I suspect that is many years away and it won't be me going. I didn't watch any of this tournament.

It will be like men's rugby. They all turn up for England games but there aren't many thst have any interest in going to watch the likes of Bath, Harlequins etc.

Leave a comment:

• Romford Hoop
    replied
    Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
    We are real men and not any namby pamby nonsense. Women know your place !!!!

What load of old dinosaurs you all are or pretend to be.

The quality was clear to see

This was probably the first game in the tournament where the naive enjoyment of the game was taken over by a few cynical fouls so clearly soon the women's game will change

I think there will be a lot more interest in the women's game in this country which is all well and good and very 21st century.

Great to see the girls win and she was not sure to take her top off or not !!!

But seriously it has been a fantastic tournament from England and even old dinosaurs can admit financially and marketing wise it has been a great success

Men saying crap to have women commentators, so all of your good ladies i am assuming are in the bedroom.and the kitchen !!!!

Clearly its not going be on the level of the mens winning the cup but I think men who criticising and belittling pretending to be big testorene animals when perhaps they doubt they are

Well done to the girls i say and a qpr fan scoring the winner clearly was always destined to be !!!!!
    Stupid post, BBC are bigging up womens football as if on par with mens, it’s not and never will be, come the start of the season
    womens game will mostly be watched by a few hundred people, nothing to do with men being dinosaurs, the product they are all going ott about is mostly crap

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied

This was probably the first game in the tournament where the naive enjoyment of the game was taken over by a few cynical fouls so clearly soon the women's game will change

I think there will be a lot more interest in the women's game in this country which is all well and good and very 21st century.

But seriously it has been a fantastic tournament from England and even old dinosaurs can admit financially and marketing wise it has been a great success

Men saying crap to have women commentators, so all of your good ladies i am assuming are in the bedroom.and the kitchen !!!!

Clearly its not going be on the level of the mens winning the cup but I think men who criticising and belittling pretending to be big testorene animals when perhaps they doubt they are

Well done to the girls i say and a qpr fan scoring the winner clearly was always destined to be !!!!!
    Well said longtime & totally agree with you, fantastic achievement today wining euro’s,
    Southgate take note
    BTW I can’t stand Alex Scott though

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    Personally don't like woman commentary on mens games ... But well done to the girls for winning

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

Too much ######## in one post.
    I don't want some woman screeching down a microphone to try and bring intensity to her comms.

I am thankful that the women out there tonight are real menstruating women and not a load of blokes with tackled removed ( probably something else a real modern femine aware man like you supports)
    It's awful, as is bombarding the men's game with female comms and Co comms and bending a knee for racists

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Here you go Dave, here's a lovely link to a voucher for free hospitality at LR for all 23 home games. I can't use it meself.....

ComplimentaryQPRHospitalityVoucher22/23.pdf

Leave a comment:

• longtime_ranger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Bloody Terry always there

FZBGZx5X0AU5BqA.jpgFZBGZx5X0AU5BqA.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    You modern day men are not for me kev. It's women's football I see no reason to watch or even attempt to enjoy it. They've taken over our punditry and now this. Deary me, glad my partner hates football

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    Regardless of how you feel about it, the women's game has come on leaps and bounds since it went professional, and those women have achieved something the mens team haven't, well done and good luck to all of them, bring on the world cup for them, I wouldn't put it past them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X