Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davieqpr
    replied
    It was great to watch but only if you treat it as a different sport to men's football. Financially the tournament made losses in the millions and was sponsored by the money made from the men's tournament. Pre Covid every team in the women's top league made a loss of at least £1m. It just needs to evolve slowly and all these so called pundits need to stop comparing. Also could you imagine the outcry if Southgate's press conference was interrupted with the team singing and Pickford jumped up on the table dancing.

Leave a comment:

• loftbalcony
    replied
    I was at Wembley yesterday, the pre sale, was a year ago and cat 3 tickets were £15, I bought 2 on the basis of its a European final and a day out at Wembley and if England got there it would be a bonus.
    I don't look on it with a view to comparing it to watching the men's game, I look on it as a sporting event with the participants giving there all.
    Credit where its due, the girls did their country proud beating the favourites Spain, World ranked 2nd Sweden and the Germans who have won it several times already.
    It was a family atmosphere at Wembley with lots of kids and people of all ages having a great day out and to top it a lifelong QPR fan got the winner and celebrated Zamora style on the pitch and with a QPR flag at the end.
    It's never going to replace the game I've been watching all my life but I thoroughly enjoyed it and give it the respect it deserves.

Leave a comment:

• shaggy24
    replied
    I’ll give the womens team one thing, the manager got more boll @cks than southgate when it comes to changing things up

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Are the negative comments on here for real? If so, wake up - your country just won you a major tournament which can create more interest for football in general and the women`s game in particular.
    Don`t fancy you daughters enjoying a sport now recognised almost worldwide.
    Bottomline: "Shame on you".
    Remind me, and I stand to be corrected, but a few years ago I seem to remember you admitted to have never watched Rangers in England, is that still the case?

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,
    That's absolutely fine.
    But they can take the women commentators and use them.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Well done to them.

However have to say for me that despite all the OTT hype I cannot really understand why it would interest anyone much beyond friends and relatives of those taking part.
    Agree foxy

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    https://talksport.com/football/11611...bley-play-off/

As a young child, Kelly used to hop on a bus to Wembley on FA Cup final day every year just to buy a programme, before returning home to watch the match.

She told talkSPORT’s Faye Carruthers after Sunday’s triumphant final: “Well, QPR never got here!”

Eventually, though, they did, and Kelly was in the crowd as her beloved R’s sealed promotion to the Premier League in the most dramatic fashion – Zamora netting in the last minute to claim a 1-0 victory over Derby County in 2014.

Kelly emulated her QPR hero Zamora with her extra-time winner in the Women’s Euro final

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied

Oh well - I tried) A funny answer though
    Women in this country hate the cold and for that reason alone attendances will never be huge. It may become better supported on TV but that's about it. Unless they make it a summer league which will avoid clashes with the men's game too.

Ticket prices are cheap, or free, just to get people into the stadiums! But playing girls football at local level is getting bigger all the time and that will improve the quality at all professional clubs.

It will have its niche supporters, but......brrrr its cold out there!!!

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    I notice Women's World Cup is next year In Australia/New Zealand. This will be rather annoying for BBC, the most accessible GMT kick-off time will be something like 10:00am but that assumes The KOs are skewed for a Euro audience and NOT an American audience. Simple fact is, a lot of games will be airing in the dead of night.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Only time will tell whether the women who supported England will be bothered to support their local club or if it was just a good day out. Watching football in winter is a pretty cold experience and they won't have radiators to hug!

I suspect most women will go back to other sports like International Ironing, World Cup Cake Making or just getting ####ed on Proseco whilst they do lunch after a good day out at the shops with the girls.

Oh well - I tried) A funny answer though

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Are the negative comments on here for real? If so, wake up - your country just won you a major tournament which can create more interest for football in general and the women`s game in particular.
    Only time will tell whether the women who supported England will be bothered to support their local club or if it was just a good day out. Watching football in winter is a pretty cold experience and they won't have radiators to hug!

I suspect most women will go back to other sports like International Ironing, World Cup Cake Making or just getting ####ed on Proseco whilst they do lunch after a good day out at the shops with the girls.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Too much ######## in one post.
    I don't want some woman screeching down a microphone to try and bring intensity to her comms.

I am thankful that the women out there tonight are real menstruating women and not a load of blokes with tackled removed ( probably something else a real modern femine aware man like you supports)
    It's awful, as is bombarding the men's game with female comms and Co comms and bending a knee for racists
    spot on Dave and very well said!

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    You modern day men are not for me kev. It's women's football I see no reason to watch or even attempt to enjoy it. They've taken over our punditry and now this. Deary me, glad my partner hates football
    Always Knew you was A real Man, Show us your Muscles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X