England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://talksport.com/football/11611...bley-play-off/

As a young child, Kelly used to hop on a bus to Wembley on FA Cup final day every year just to buy a programme, before returning home to watch the match.

She told talkSPORT’s Faye Carruthers after Sunday’s triumphant final: “Well, QPR never got here!”

Eventually, though, they did, and Kelly was in the crowd as her beloved R’s sealed promotion to the Premier League in the most dramatic fashion – Zamora netting in the last minute to claim a 1-0 victory over Derby County in 2014.

Kelly emulated her QPR hero Zamora with her extra-time winner in the Women’s Euro final

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Well done to them.

However have to say for me that despite all the OTT hype I cannot really understand why it would interest anyone much beyond friends and relatives of those taking part.
      Agree foxy

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
        Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,
        That's absolutely fine.
        But they can take the women commentators and use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Are the negative comments on here for real? If so, wake up - your country just won you a major tournament which can create more interest for football in general and the women`s game in particular.
          Don`t fancy you daughters enjoying a sport now recognised almost worldwide.
          Bottomline: "Shame on you".
          Remind me, and I stand to be corrected, but a few years ago I seem to remember you admitted to have never watched Rangers in England, is that still the case?
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I’ll give the womens team one thing, the manager got more boll @cks than southgate when it comes to changing things up

Comment

I was at Wembley yesterday, the pre sale, was a year ago and cat 3 tickets were £15, I bought 2 on the basis of its a European final and a day out at Wembley and if England got there it would be a bonus.
              I don't look on it with a view to comparing it to watching the men's game, I look on it as a sporting event with the participants giving there all.
              Credit where its due, the girls did their country proud beating the favourites Spain, World ranked 2nd Sweden and the Germans who have won it several times already.
              It was a family atmosphere at Wembley with lots of kids and people of all ages having a great day out and to top it a lifelong QPR fan got the winner and celebrated Zamora style on the pitch and with a QPR flag at the end.
              It's never going to replace the game I've been watching all my life but I thoroughly enjoyed it and give it the respect it deserves.

Comment

It was great to watch but only if you treat it as a different sport to men's football. Financially the tournament made losses in the millions and was sponsored by the money made from the men's tournament. Pre Covid every team in the women's top league made a loss of at least £1m. It just needs to evolve slowly and all these so called pundits need to stop comparing. Also could you imagine the outcry if Southgate's press conference was interrupted with the team singing and Pickford jumped up on the table dancing.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Women in this country hate the cold and for that reason alone attendances will never be huge. It may become better supported on TV but that's about it. Unless they make it a summer league which will avoid clashes with the men's game too.

Ticket prices are cheap, or free, just to get people into the stadiums! But playing girls football at local level is getting bigger all the time and that will improve the quality at all professional clubs.

It will have its niche supporters, but......brrrr its cold out there!!!
                  It`s just a thought, but the younger generation(s) might go and watch football despite the cold - If and when the product gets better like you suggest that is.

QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Remind me, and I stand to be corrected, but a few years ago I seem to remember you admitted to have never watched Rangers in England, is that still the case?
                    No, but It`s still a dream, cross it Dave.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Don't think the Cold would stop the Girls Sheep, they can be seen out in the bleakest Weather, bare Legs, bare Bellies and the ####ers don't even put Socks on.

Comment

With the country facing a financial, economical and social crisis and a huge skill-shortage in many industries I'm not sure this new-found zest and clamour to get females playing footy is actually anything other than a bit of deflection and window-dressing.

When you see the odious gremlin of a Mayor of London gegging-in on the victory parade to steal some limelight you realise that women's football has been hijacked as a lever for dubious individuals and organisations to advance their own agenda.

Do, millions of girls actually want to play football? Like male football, only a tiny proportion can actually earn a living as a pro footballer. As a parent and citizen I'd rather the school system focussed on churning out well-rounded educated useful and productive individuals. There'd be derision if schools trained them how to be an influencer, I don't see very much difference in teaching them to kick a ball with either foot really.

Comment

The controversy didn't take long to surface. Ex-girlfriends have released lesbian photos and one with half the team naked in the shower. Just as they were about to get huge sponsorships too!!

I was shocked and stunned and had to stop looking at the photos after 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            The controversy didn't take long to surface. Ex-girlfriends have released lesbian photos and one with half the team naked in the shower. Just as they were about to get huge sponsorships too!!

I was shocked and stunned and had to stop looking at the photos after 30 minutes.

Links? Lots of them please!

Comment

Predictably enough starting to hear calls for equal pay and sponsorship for women players. The bottom line is womens football does not produce the income to support it and probably never will. What can be learnt from the mens game is that more and more money leads to ruin for many. Womens football should live within it's means.

Comment

Oh ffs are they mostly muff munchers then?
                                If so they're not exactly a good representation of women of this country after all.
                                This justs sends out the message that if you like to play football as a girl then you are gay.
                                How sad is it that some Can't keep their hands off each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X