Zone 7 - Injury Mitigation Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone 7 - Injury Mitigation Service

Interesting LFC-centric article about how they use this US firm to provide cutting edge algorithms to monitor physical wear and tear of their players.

The article passingly mentions QPR as another user of the service. Makes us look like a dynamic broad minded and forward thinking club. I'm impressed.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/l...ection-1761181

Great if you have a squad big enough and with enough quality to rest players when the red light flashes.

Alternatively, you've played five competitive gsmes and you looked knackered out there - i think we meed to rest you.

ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE? NO, BUT IM WORRIED ABOUT THE DECLINE IN REAL INTELLIGENCE.

Comment

If QPR have embraced this, brilliant.

If we'd kept Willock on pitch, might have made play offs.

Comment

To keep Willock from not getting injured you have to make sure he doesn't play every game, has some rest periods and we have an suitable replacement to allow him to have those breaks.

You don't need AI to tell you this because its common sense. It's more to do with squad depth than AI. Standard opta data should be enough yo tell you if a player is not performing to the highest standards. Or, the coaching staffs own eyes.

Can people make ddecisions these days without bs software telling us what to do?

Comment

Final decision is down to coaching staff. More information, better decisions.

Honestly, I love crazy solutions like 7-Injury. Always thought QPR were behind times with Sports Science. Pleased we seem to be catching up.

Comment

Forest away they hit willock hard early doors , some refs won't book that early unless it's a really bad foul . They did their homework

Comment

I'm guessing it's not just about the game-time.... players spend more time in gyms and on training pitches than playing. Maybe this sort of data would lead to a limit a player's efforts on a Thursday in training so they can be robust and effective for Saturday's match?

Maybe this AI data would have flagged up there was a high risk of Willock breaking down on that wet night at Forest. So what if that meant fielding an inferior replacement for him? Rather that than him subsequently being injured for 4 months..

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I'm guessing it's not just about the game-time.... players spend more time in gyms and on training pitches than playing. Maybe this sort of data would lead to a limit a player's efforts on a Thursday in training so they can be robust and effective for Saturday's match?

Maybe this AI data would have flagged up there was a high risk of Willock breaking down on that wet night at Forest. So what if that meant fielding an inferior replacement for him? Rather that than him subsequently being injured for 4 months..
                Surely the same as stating that CBs shouldn't play more than 40 games a season, wing backs 35 and the rest 30 full games a season?

Comment

Working...
                X