Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abseits
    replied
    Saying "promotion is the aim" translates as "let's see if we can scrape into 6th".... it's not really setting the bar very high, don't even have to win half your games. Aside from maybe one or two teams, I suspect everyone other team in this league would say "promotion is the aim" and I wouldn't take any such statement as evidence that the owners mean business or are ready to back the manager with a transfer warchest.

I don't think we have much money to buy players or pay decent wages to attract loan players so just one or two fairly meh additions is all we can expect now.

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    replied
    I watched England Under 19 beat Izrael in the final. I wonder why any of the Izrael team are not scouted by our likes. Could come cheap, however, the quality is of the highest level. Really impressed. Mr. Ferdinand please note. (Maybe I am mistaken and they had already been scouted by the bigger clubs!)

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryNH View Post
    I think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.
    showing my ignorance here but when does the transfer window close, do we have time to improve the squad if the season starts badly?
    Bang on the money, but Beale and co have stated promotion is the aim. Do we have the luxury of dropping points in the first six games? Perhaps it's a case of needs must due to the budget so perhaps a proper promotion push will, in reality, be in his second season.

I think patience is going to be needed this season because the overhaul is too big and anything but minor tweaks to the squad.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.

Spot on Tel

Leave a comment:

• TerryNH
    replied
    I think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.
    showing my ignorance here but when does the transfer window close, do we have time to improve the squad if the season starts badly?

Leave a comment:

• KevC59
    replied
    I've been giving my football head a rest and concentrating on how my shared ownership horses are doing, not great to be honest but just got a new one in that looks promising, anyway, as has been said there is no need to rush into buying anybody just yet, and the manager must have had some promises made for him to come in the first place, use the first handful of games to look at some of the kids and bed in whatever system he is going to play, until we start the season proper none of us has a clue, it all remains to be seen

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    Don't think beale would of come if he hadn't had promises from the board for signings , expect a couple more in and for him to dip into his contacts for loans . Can't see an improvement in either dykes or Bonne so desperate for a striker. No need to panic til 7/8 games in , then we will see where we are .
    Exactly he wouldn't have come here unless guaranteed room for manoeuvre

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    Don't think beale would of come if he hadn't had promises from the board for signings , expect a couple more in and for him to dip into his contacts for loans . Can't see an improvement in either dykes or Bonne so desperate for a striker. No need to panic til 7/8 games in , then we will see where we are .
    100% wont be starting the season with Bonne up top. Will be the top priority.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    I'd be surprised if we dont sign 5 more players (min) before match 1.

2 strikers
    1 RB
    1 FW (similar role to chair or Willock)
    1 utility player

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Just watched Beale's interview when he went to the training ground for the first time.
    His attitude is he'll give everyone a chance and if the youngsters are good enough they'll get in the team.
    We will develop our own players but this isn't the sole aim he wants promotion.
    There's a lot of panic from fans, I'm not talking about on here but twitter and other sites.
    The players have been back 4 days, he's using preseason to look at players.
    He also states it'll be when we get back from Germany that he'll have an idea of where we are and what we need to change if any.
    Sit back and relax everyone

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    If we dont get two forwards we'll be getting relegated
    We will sign the villa youngster on loan I think ,he should score a few
    I do think Beale will be playing the kids so patience will be required .
    think we will stay up

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    We need a LWB, RWB, Attacking Midfielder and CF.

Aother CB would be nice as back up.

A lot of the younger players will go out on loan again.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

God that's a bloody depressing read but unfortunately spot on. I think it's going to be a long hard season and when you take the likes of Willock and dieng out of the side we looks extremely basic to say the least
    Well don't take either out of the side then
    It's not even July yet, how many itks called Clarke-Salter or Paal?
    None, Zero, not one.
    Do you want the manager telling all other clubs what money we have and our targets?

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Personally am expecting a bare minimum of four permanent signings and a couple of decent loans plus replacing anyone who does leave for a fee. We have freed up fair bit in wages and club will want to support Beale given he is new.

Beale will also want to assess what we have so wouldn't read too much into seeing bit more of youngsters at present. Don't think we need loads of bodies. A RB, wingers and strikers. Ideal would be second LB as well. If we can add bit more out wide and couple of decent Championship standard strikers could do well. An advantage of a lot of our better players having underwhelming seasons is they are less likely to move on and if they can get their mojo back could play important parts. Even Willock was out injured for a spell at end of season so wouldn't be surprised if we do end up keeping him. Bad news would be impact that would have on balancing the books as we need to sell to do that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X