No announcement yet.

Few more signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be surprised if we dont sign 5 more players (min) before match 1.

2 strikers
    1 RB
    1 FW (similar role to chair or Willock)
    1 utility player

Comment

Don't think beale would of come if he hadn't had promises from the board for signings , expect a couple more in and for him to dip into his contacts for loans . Can't see an improvement in either dykes or Bonne so desperate for a striker. No need to panic til 7/8 games in , then we will see where we are .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Don't think beale would of come if he hadn't had promises from the board for signings , expect a couple more in and for him to dip into his contacts for loans . Can't see an improvement in either dykes or Bonne so desperate for a striker. No need to panic til 7/8 games in , then we will see where we are .
        100% wont be starting the season with Bonne up top. Will be the top priority.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          Exactly he wouldn't have come here unless guaranteed room for manoeuvre

Comment

I've been giving my football head a rest and concentrating on how my shared ownership horses are doing, not great to be honest but just got a new one in that looks promising, anyway, as has been said there is no need to rush into buying anybody just yet, and the manager must have had some promises made for him to come in the first place, use the first handful of games to look at some of the kids and bed in whatever system he is going to play, until we start the season proper none of us has a clue, it all remains to be seen

Comment

I think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.
              showing my ignorance here but when does the transfer window close, do we have time to improve the squad if the season starts badly?

Comment

think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.

Spot on Tel

Comment

Originally posted by TerryNH View Post
                  I think Beale needs to get a few actual games to assess the squad. I’m my experience in coaching (admittedly in rugby) some players can look the mutts nuts in training but in a real match go missing and vice versa some do not train well but can be real beasts in a real game.
                  showing my ignorance here but when does the transfer window close, do we have time to improve the squad if the season starts badly?
                  Bang on the money, but Beale and co have stated promotion is the aim. Do we have the luxury of dropping points in the first six games? Perhaps it's a case of needs must due to the budget so perhaps a proper promotion push will, in reality, be in his second season.

I think patience is going to be needed this season because the overhaul is too big and anything but minor tweaks to the squad.

Comment

I watched England Under 19 beat Izrael in the final. I wonder why any of the Izrael team are not scouted by our likes. Could come cheap, however, the quality is of the highest level. Really impressed. Mr. Ferdinand please note. (Maybe I am mistaken and they had already been scouted by the bigger clubs!)

Comment

Saying "promotion is the aim" translates as "let's see if we can scrape into 6th".... it's not really setting the bar very high, don't even have to win half your games. Aside from maybe one or two teams, I suspect everyone other team in this league would say "promotion is the aim" and I wouldn't take any such statement as evidence that the owners mean business or are ready to back the manager with a transfer warchest.

I don't think we have much money to buy players or pay decent wages to attract loan players so just one or two fairly meh additions is all we can expect now.

Comment

The money would seem to be the problem, anybody even half decent seems to think they can demand big paydays, and if we can't pay them what they want then somebody else will, it's the nature of the business, money drives everything, even Uncle Albert, who is living the dream playing for his lifelong club, still wants a decent wage

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Saying "promotion is the aim" translates as "let's see if we can scrape into 6th".... it's not really setting the bar very high, don't even have to win half your games. Aside from maybe one or two teams, I suspect everyone other team in this league would say "promotion is the aim" and I wouldn't take any such statement as evidence that the owners mean business or are ready to back the manager with a transfer warchest.

I don't think we have much money to buy players or pay decent wages to attract loan players so just one or two fairly meh additions is all we can expect now.
                          Agree apart from this

"so just one or two fairly meh additions is all we can expect now."

Imo we won't see the likes of Hendrick again because of the shortage of money.
                          A mistake that proved very costly.
                          Lesson learned.

Comment

I've said many times before the premiership doesnt float my boat but accept its need for a cash boost. I would much prefer young hungry players still cutting their teeth than players at the end if their careers nursing themselves through games to squeeze another year or two out of football.

I think our main aim is to develop and sell players to get a sustainable club and promotion is a nice to have. If we get a 6th - 10th place finish and decent player sale I think that's a success season. Although that comes with this MB going into meltdown following a few defeats when emotions get stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              I've said many times before the premiership doesnt float my boat but accept its need for a cash boost. I would much prefer young hungry players still cutting their teeth than players at the end if their careers nursing themselves through games to squeeze another year or two out of football.

I think our main aim is to develop and sell players to get a sustainable club and promotion is a nice to have. If we get a 6th - 10th place finish and decent player sale I think that's a success season. Although that comes with this MB going into meltdown following a few defeats when emotions get stretched.

Pretty much sums my views up the press a cash cow but reality is even fools will struggle again the investment to stay up is unsustainable on crowds loftus rd can pull in and the board know it

rather be entertained playing decent football and play offs if they come great realistic to build a side and development of youth is sustainable £100k wages and we get clobbered by ffp which is a rule of such when in top 6 it’s obsolete bar a small fine to those concerned

looking forward to new season and wining it at a canter !

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Pretty much sums my views up the press a cash cow but reality is even fools will struggle again the investment to stay up is unsustainable on crowds loftus rd can pull in and the board know it

rather be entertained playing decent football and play offs if they come great realistic to build a side and development of youth is sustainable £100k wages and we get clobbered by ffp which is a rule of such when in top 6 it’s obsolete bar a small fine to those concerned

looking forward to new season and wining it at a canter !
                                In an ideal world we can gain promotion then do a deal with one of the relegated clubs to pay us £100mill+ and we stay in champs

Comment

Working...
                                X