No announcement yet.

Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of our fans are so out of touch it's unreal. Release half the squad. Moaning about Laird. Had enough of Chair. Sign Mata. Wow.

You do realise we average 14k and have zero income apart from match day? We have to stick to FFP. It's not fantasy football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      Some of our fans are so out of touch it's unreal. Release half the squad. Moaning about Laird. Had enough of Chair. Sign Mata. Wow.

You do realise we average 14k and have zero income apart from match day? We have to stick to FFP. It's not fantasy football.
      I was'nt moaning about Laird , just saying it is a bit of an underwhelming signing , the beginning of last season he was on loan at Swansea and they were terrible , they did'nt pick up until christmas time .
      January he went on loan to Bournemouth but only played a few games , he could'nt get in the side.
      I hope i am wrong and he is blinding for us if we sign him , just think there are better options out there.
      We all know about ffp but where has the Eze money gone ???
      I am certain that at some time this season we will sell Willock , that money will probably magically dissappear as well.
      We have'nt even replaced the players that left at the end of the season yet and we are 3 games into the new season.
      Jordy , Barbet , Macallum, Wallace, Odobajo, Ball , Hendrick, Austin and Gray all gone.
      Clarke salter, Paal, Richards , Roberts in.
      Poor by the club

Comment

• I just don't think the club can do much more at present. Personally like the look of the four that have come in, albeit bad luck with Richards injury.

We needed to trim the wage bill. Out of those who have left we have really only lost two regulars, being Barbet and left backs. We have Clarke-Salter plus Masterson back from loan to replace Barbet. At left back we have Paal.

Yes the squad is light and we need cover for both full back positions and maybe another striker but I suspect we either need to sell someone or wait until very last minute of transfer window to maybe do a loan deal or two for minimal outlay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

You should know about that
          You knew who I was talking about then.
          Got the wrong head on there ol chap, it's the other one that attacks me.
          just cringey posting reply

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I was'nt moaning about Laird , just saying it is a bit of an underwhelming signing , the beginning of last season he was on loan at Swansea and they were terrible , they did'nt pick up until christmas time .
            January he went on loan to Bournemouth but only played a few games , he could'nt get in the side.
            I hope i am wrong and he is blinding for us if we sign him , just think there are better options out there.
            We all know about ffp but where has the Eze money gone ???
            I am certain that at some time this season we will sell Willock , that money will probably magically dissappear as well.
            We have'nt even replaced the players that left at the end of the season yet and we are 3 games into the new season.
            Jordy , Barbet , Macallum, Wallace, Odobajo, Ball , Hendrick, Austin and Gray all gone.
            Clarke salter, Paal, Richards , Roberts in.
            Poor by the club
            Who should we sign then? Have you even seen the lad play? He did well at Swansea and Bournemouth fans were happy with him and thought he should have played more. Watford wanted him, Preston wanted him but he's not good enough for us because we should be signing who?

Well you don't know about FFP do you if you're constantly moaning about the owners. Hands are tied. Money doesn't magically disappear. Do you realise we have to pay wages? Do you realise our crowds are one of the lowest in the league? Do you realise we have no income apart from match day? We're miles behind most of the league in terms of income, therefore we can't do nothing else other than lose the maximum amount we can. It's not as if the owners aren't spending money and we're breaking even every year.

As for the Eze money. No doubt some of it was immediately used to bring us in line with FFP. We then signed Dickie, Dykes and Bonne for around £6m. Amos and Willock arrived for around £1.5m plus the wages for all the above and the free transfers like Uncs. Remember players have signing on fees as well. We then signed Jordy, Charlie, Stef and Sam Field on loan in January, so loan fees and decent wages. Probably looking at half the Eze money gone already.

Following season we signed Dozzell and Stef for around £1.5m. Charlie signed permanently, I'd guess a decent signing on fee was used for both him and Stef and biggest earners at the club. Paid a fee for Jordy and Field.

So at a guess, we've probably spent around £14m on signings with the Eze money. Not magically dissappeared has it?

You're right about a lot leaving in the summer and not being replaced. What does that tell you? It tells me we're on the limit of FFP (Les has said this). Unless we sell players for decent money or FFP is abandoned then we need to get used to scraping the barrel.

All the above should tell you how vital it is to try and find players who have potential to increase their value. The club has been saying this for a while but still people moan about our signings. We're going to sign players and it doesn't work out, not many will be signed for a few quid and we sell on for 10 x. Right now, Willock and Dickie and probably the only players who will command decent money.

We as fans are frustrated, I get that, but we need to look at the reality. I guess the owners are more frustrated than us. They're doing their money and can't do nothing about it apart from live in the hope we continue to find gems like Eze and Willock and they either get us promoted or we sell for decent money and sign 4 or 5 players who can get us promoted.

Comment

Who should we sign then? Have you even seen the lad play? He did well at Swansea and Bournemouth fans were happy with him and thought he should have played more. Watford wanted him, Preston wanted him but he's not good enough for us because we should be signing who?

Well you don't know about FFP do you if you're constantly moaning about the owners. Hands are tied. Money doesn't magically disappear. Do you realise we have to pay wages? Do you realise our crowds are one of the lowest in the league? Do you realise we have no income apart from match day? We're miles behind most of the league in terms of income, therefore we can't do nothing else other than lose the maximum amount we can. It's not as if the owners aren't spending money and we're breaking even every year.

As for the Eze money. No doubt some of it was immediately used to bring us in line with FFP. We then signed Dickie, Dykes and Bonne for around £6m. Amos and Willock arrived for around £1.5m plus the wages for all the above and the free transfers like Uncs. Remember players have signing on fees as well. We then signed Jordy, Charlie, Stef and Sam Field on loan in January, so loan fees and decent wages. Probably looking at half the Eze money gone already.

Following season we signed Dozzell and Stef for around £1.5m. Charlie signed permanently, I'd guess a decent signing on fee was used for both him and Stef and biggest earners at the club. Paid a fee for Jordy and Field.

So at a guess, we've probably spent around £14m on signings with the Eze money. Not magically dissappeared has it?

You're right about a lot leaving in the summer and not being replaced. What does that tell you? It tells me we're on the limit of FFP (Les has said this). Unless we sell players for decent money or FFP is abandoned then we need to get used to scraping the barrel.

All the above should tell you how vital it is to try and find players who have potential to increase their value. The club has been saying this for a while but still people moan about our signings. We're going to sign players and it doesn't work out, not many will be signed for a few quid and we sell on for 10 x. Right now, Willock and Dickie and probably the only players who will command decent money.

We as fans are frustrated, I get that, but we need to look at the reality. I guess the owners are more frustrated than us. They're doing their money and can't do nothing about it apart from live in the hope we continue to find gems like Eze and Willock and they either get us promoted or we sell for decent money and sign 4 or 5 players who can get us promoted.

Excellent post Matty

Comment

• Davis from Villa is off to Watford on loan.

This lad was perfect for us but we can't compete with clubs at the top of our league especially the teams with parachute payments.

I think something is going to happen in terms of finance in the Championship soon, as we're literally a season or two away from all 3 relegated PL teams going straight back up every season due to the financial gap.

Comment

Davis from Villa is off to Watford on loan.

This lad was perfect for us but we can't compete with clubs at the top of our league especially the teams with parachute payments.

I think something is going to happen in terms of finance in the Championship soon, as we're literally a season or two away from all 3 relegated PL teams going straight back up every season due to the financial gap.
                  Most of the transfer squabbling I dont agree with, because im realistic as to what we can spend and what players cost these days.

BUT this point is the most obvious and agreeable point going. It's a total #### show...

Comment

I am not saying Laird is a bad player and no i have'nt seen him play just that to me he seems an underwhelming signing.
                    I would have preffered to persevere and get the lad from Millwall , or Sterling from Chelsea , or Kayden Hesler i think it is from Villa or Cyrus christie who's out of contract.
                    As for spending 14 million of the Eze money , how do you know this are you guessing or have you read it somewhere or are you on the board.
                    I for one minute don't believe we've spent it all just because our board club say they have .
                    Why do you think nearly all championship transfer fees are undisclosed nowadays , it's so the clubs can make up any old #### as to where their money is going.
                    Anyway if you read my posts correctly i keep saying Willock will be sold this season and that is where our money is for some players to make us competetive and give Beale a chance because i believe he has some very good ideas on how the game should be played and he has a good reputation in the game .

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I am not saying Laird is a bad player and no i have'nt seen him play just that to me he seems an underwhelming signing.
                      I would have preffered to persevere and get the lad from Millwall , or Sterling from Chelsea , or Kayden Hesler i think it is from Villa or Cyrus christie who's out of contract.
                      As for spending 14 million of the Eze money , how do you know this are you guessing or have you read it somewhere or are you on the board.
                      I for one minute don't believe we've spent it all just because our board club say they have .
                      Why do you think nearly all championship transfer fees are undisclosed nowadays , it's so the clubs can make up any old #### as to where their money is going.
                      Anyway if you read my posts correctly i keep saying Willock will be sold this season and that is where our money is for some players to make us competetive and give Beale a chance because i believe he has some very good ideas on how the game should be played and he has a good reputation in the game .
                      Harrow, how can you say it's underwhelming if you've never seen the lad play? McNamara has had one full season hasn't he? Sterling been on a couple of loans and been ok, not great. Not sure how you can be underwhelmed and prefer the two above? Christie would be ok but I think he'd be costly in terms of wages and I've not heard of the lad at Villa, so can't comment.

Take a look on Transfermarkt for transfers, obviously not 100% correct but they're not far off. It's a well respected website.

As for undisclosed fees, if either club ask for it to be undisclosed then nothing can be done by the other club in terms of disclosing the fee. It's more likely to do with the fact that clubs like ourselves don't want to let everyone know we got a certain amount for a player, as obviously clubs will then know we have a few quid and add an extra few quid on top of players we want.

I agree Willock is our most prized asset. The question is, does he go this season or do we hope he has a great season and increases his value further? We also need time to find replacements. No point selling Willock with a week left in the window as it'll be a huge gamble. Given his injury last season and not fully fit yet, I guess he'll be here this season and if he does well again, we'd be looking to sell early in the window next summer.

Comment

• The Preston board, where he was once linked, think Laird is a fantastic player and Sterling would be an inferior signing.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Welcome to the Hoops Young Man

Comment

• Although it should happen I will wait for the offy and not some link to YouTube.

Comment

Harrow, how can you say it's underwhelming if you've never seen the lad play? McNamara has had one full season hasn't he? Sterling been on a couple of loans and been ok, not great. Not sure how you can be underwhelmed and prefer the two above? Christie would be ok but I think he'd be costly in terms of wages and I've not heard of the lad at Villa, so can't comment.

Take a look on Transfermarkt for transfers, obviously not 100% correct but they're not far off. It's a well respected website.

As for undisclosed fees, if either club ask for it to be undisclosed then nothing can be done by the other club in terms of disclosing the fee. It's more likely to do with the fact that clubs like ourselves don't want to let everyone know we got a certain amount for a player, as obviously clubs will then know we have a few quid and add an extra few quid on top of players we want.

I agree Willock is our most prized asset. The question is, does he go this season or do we hope he has a great season and increases his value further? We also need time to find replacements. No point selling Willock with a week left in the window as it'll be a huge gamble. Given his injury last season and not fully fit yet, I guess he'll be here this season and if he does well again, we'd be looking to sell early in the window next summer.
                                The only reason i said it was underwhelming was the fact that he could'nt get in Bournemouths side and while he was at Swansea , they were getting beaten most weeks and were struggling near the bottom.
                                Don't get me wrong here , i am desperate for us to sign a right back because although Kakay tries hard , i just don't think he's a good enough starter at this level.
                                Lets hope that Laird turns out to be blinding then you can call me a ####.
                                Regarding Willock , if we are'nt challenging for promotion in January , i definitely think he will be sold , if we are challenging , hope we can keep him and improve squad further to get promoted , if we don't then sell Willock next summer.
                                Another decent right back would of been Ryan Nyambe who was out of contract at Blackburn and went to Wigan , he was proven at this level.

Comment

Working...
                                X