Thank You Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Charlie

It's too bad it didn't work out for him or us this season however that will not dampen the many fine memories I'll have of Charlie scoring goals for us, a class act, thanks Chaz!

https://twitter.com/chazaustin10/sta...81104006385664
    @gatorTFC

This is probably going to be the safest thread ever posted on here, he will always have a special place in the hearts of QPR fans, it is a shame that things have gone a bit pear shaped for him, but I would wish him all the very best in whatever he does in the future, and to say a heartfelt thanks for the memories

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
      This is probably going to be the safest thread ever posted on here, he will always have a special place in the hearts of QPR fans, it is a shame that things have gone a bit pear shaped for him, but I would wish him all the very best in whatever he does in the future, and to say a heartfelt thanks for the memories
      Yep, I don't start many threads and as you say most will have fond memories of Charlie's time at our club, some great goals and important goals for us, hopefully this season's struggles don't sour overall opinions of him!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Total respect for Charlie & what he’s done for the club, disappointing season but not all his fault, he’s a goal scorer & the service to him & other strikers has been abysmal, he’s not one of these players that run around & do & lot work, he’s box man box man & put in there & he will score, wish him & his family all the best

Comment

Good Luck in what ever you do and thanks for making me jump outta my seat with all your goals.

Comment

Free transfer to talksport!

Comment

Had great impact last season and I suspect a good person to have around the dressing room. Not really worked this season but that's life. Would have been interesting to see him have a spell of games alongside someone else up top but not to be.

Wish him best of luck for whatever comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Had great impact last season and I suspect a good person to have around the dressing room. Not really worked this season but that's life. Would have been interesting to see him have a spell of games alongside someone else up top but not to be.

Wish him best of luck for whatever comes next.
                Agree it would have been great to see him alongside Dykes or Gray and getting some decent service, but it didn't happen.
                Sorry to see him go and thanks for the memories. At least he got to score a goal in his final home game.

Comment

With service could have done another year for us.

Regardless, the man is a legend for us, a genuine rags to riches story and a great personality for the game.

Cheers buddy.

Comment

Ball, Barnes, Wallace, Westwood, & Marshall also going. There are talks with Adomah, Barbet, Odebajo, and for some reason Shodipo and the player who just seems to sign contracts without playing, Owens!

Comment

Good luck chas

Comment

Club legend! When he came back last season and scored it was amazing. Best to leave whilst the fans still love him, but I think he's capable of scoring elsewhere if he fancies another challenge.

Comment

Show us that u love us and ask the club for a new contract - pay as you play or for free. You have enough money, and dont need any more. Show your love in behavior. Not in words.

Comment

either the club as handled it badly or chas is on a winge up - clearly not Happy with the decision

charlie Austin admits he feels ‘let down’ by the way Queens Park Rangers have handled his recent departure.

When asked if he felt let down by the way the club handled his departure, Austin told talkSPORT: “I’m going to go out on a limb and say ‘yes’, in a way.

“I felt like we had a good enough relationship, and, in a different scenario, it might have been treated a little bit better.

“I’m not saying the club has to hand out contracts, but I thought I might have had a conversation about next year. It was like they cut ties and that was it.

Time is up, unfortunately,” said the experienced forward. “The club, I suppose want to go in a different direction. There wasn’t even a conversation to extend for another year or anything.

I was in the office. Les (Ferdinand) is not very well or something so I was on zoom to him. The CEO was there and asked me about the season, we had a bit of chat which is really pointless considering the conversation went the way it did.

But what annoyed me a little bit is that they asked me if I was going to retire. I’m 33

“I guess that’s football, it’s a business at the end of the day.

“I left the training ground today, said goodbye to the kitman and the reception lady – I’d known them from the first time.

“It was quite sad, and people don’t see that side of it.”

Austin added that he is open to offers from clubs ahead of the 2022-23 campaign – and he, categorically, is not retiring!

giving Talksport what they want to hear! He will always be a Legend at the Club but i hope his pride and the need for a good soundbite doesn't damage that!

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                              Show us that u love us and ask the club for a new contract - pay as you play or for free. You have enough money, and dont need any more. Show your love in behavior. Not in words.
                              He has been booted out. We deliberately didn’t play him in games we needed to win so he didn’t hit the appearance number needed for a contract renewal. It’s clear the club things he is passed his sell by date and to be fair, that’s what his performances suggest.

We need to save money and bring in younger forwards who are more manoeuvrable and someone who can hold the ball up.

Comment

Working...
                              X