Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPRDave
    replied
    If we can't afford a top experienced manager then stick with Warburton.
    Another thing this academy lark is it worth it?
    We just get the players that have massive potential walking out the door.
    A lot of clubs have scrapped the the Idea

Leave a comment:

• dave58
    replied
    For Me never thought we needed a DOF believe it puts some managers off, I lay all the blame firmly at our so called DOFs feet, and have done for a few years takes a large wage from the club better spent elsewhere, was the reason Warnock didn't come back after his little spell after Ramsey, the situation with the Breadman was totally unexceptable improved the club year on year, I'm puzzeled to think who they see will come in and do a better job on our budget ,

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by Fordy View Post

I think the championship promotion will be a closed shop very soon. Look at Fulham and Bournemouth, squads worth millions. Both strikers Solanke scored 29 and Mitro 43, ridiculous. How can we compete with that? Norwich coming down with millions in the bank and parachute payments, same as Watford. I think we’re looking at championship level football or lower for the foreseeable future. The odd team do it but it’s rare. Our recruitment would need to be absolutely spot on to have a chance (let’s face it, it’s not very good). It’s depressing and boring to be honest.
    Agree - 2 of the 3 that come down will go straight back up with a lottery of 1 from the 4 best of the rest to go up via the play offs - i think the automatics are basically taken each year now by those with the most money.

West Broms QPR like Implosion this year being the exception to the Rule.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

The irony is that we had owners spending money for fun when it wasn't permitted and now when we need permitted investment they claim they haven't got two ha'pennys to rub together.
    Exactly giants, we're the only club not able to stand still after clearing out our top earners.
    At what level does the club find solid ground.
    Les telling us that we have to sell to survive, just makes us a reserve team for other clubs developing players for others.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

I think the championship promotion will be a closed shop very soon. Look at Fulham and Bournemouth, squads worth millions. Both strikers Solanke scored 29 and Mitro 43, ridiculous. How can we compete with that? Norwich coming down with millions in the bank and parachute payments, same as Watford. I think we’re looking at championship level football or lower for the foreseeable future. The odd team do it but it’s rare. Our recruitment would need to be absolutely spot on to have a chance (let’s face it, it’s not very good). It’s depressing and boring to be honest.
    Football is ruined, there is no as you say going to be no pyramid system, and we are just there to provide points for the rich boys.
    Ffp, or investment rules have to be changed to give the league it's competition back, and prem need to have restrictions or again as you say, just a borefest

Leave a comment:

• Fordy
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Think we can write off the majority of those names, seems we are skint.
    I just don't understand why the more relaxed the ffp rules the more skint QPR are.
    Remember Les telling us about 5 or 6 years ago the next 3/4 seasons would be tough and I took that as championship survival.
    But then I was under the impression things can start to move forward.
    Yet here we are talking about selling our best players just to stand still, getting mightily pissed off with this now

Leave a comment:

• Sleeping Giants
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    I just don't understand why the more relaxed the ffp rules the more skint QPR are.
    Remember Les telling us about 5 or 6 years ago the next 3/4 seasons would be tough and I took that as championship survival.
    Yet here we are talking about selling our best players just to stand still, getting mightily pissed off with this now
    The irony is that we had owners spending money for fun when it wasn't permitted and now when we need permitted investment they claim they haven't got two ha'pennys to rub together.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Liam Manning looks like he suits the profile and wage bracket. Be nice if he brings Scott Twine with him aswell
    If they come as a package deal it could prove to be a great move.

As for the list of names it looks like they have included everyone who is out of work as well as potential candidates.

Leave a comment:

• MINCER
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

The mastermind who played Gray in Jamaica's dead rubber matches instead of sending him home to play for QPR.
    Maybe you can explain how Paul Hall could prevent him playing in that dead rubber as Gray made it very clear in public interviews before travelling he wanted to play ?

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by MINCER View Post
    Lots of clubs promote from within and being as the club is skint I would not be surprised to see Paul Hall step up.
    The mastermind who played Gray in Jamaica's dead rubber matches instead of sending him home to play for QPR.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    Give ainsworth a go

Leave a comment:

• MINCER
    replied
    Lots of clubs promote from within and being as the club is skint I would not be surprised to see Paul Hall step up.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Joachim Low ? Vincent Kompany ? Well we are a Capital Club !!

Leave a comment:

• BarryBarry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Would be more than Happy with that, not to shy to put a thew ####s in them and God have they needed it.
    I’d quite like Roy Keane for similar reasons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X