Manager rumour or who you want thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
    Ist June Wednesday and no season ticket prices and no manager. Absolute chaotic situation caused entirely by Les and his cronies. Get on your knees with begging bowl to get warburton back.
    The club owners never seem to have a plan just headless chickens, LF needs to be gone as it seems he is part of the problem, they knew MW was leaving weeks before the end of the season and yet have nobody in place to take over.
    We are a shambles of a club perhaps we need owners that want to take the club forward, we don't hear anything from the owners complete silence, they need to come out and explain what their thoughts in what direction the club is going and their plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post

The club owners never seem to have a plan just headless chickens, LF needs to be gone as it seems he is part of the problem, they knew MW was leaving weeks before the end of the season and yet have nobody in place to take over.
      We are a shambles of a club perhaps we need owners that want to take the club forward, we don't hear anything from the owners complete silence, they need to come out and explain what their thoughts in what direction the club is going and their plans.
      But that's just assumption on your part? Just because you don't know what's going on that doesn't mean that they don't have a plan.

You may well be right but a lot of us seem to be quick to coat off the club and LF based on nothing more than guess work.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

But that's just assumption on your part? Just because you don't know what's going on that doesn't mean that they don't have a plan.

You may well be right but a lot of us seem to be quick to coat off the club and LF based on nothing more than guess work.
        If they appoint Robinson, now favourite, there was no plan. Or a badly thought out plan that went #### up.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post

If they appoint Robinson, now favourite, there was no plan. Or a badly thought out plan that went #### up.
          You won't find me arguing if that happens.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Not sure what people on here are expecting with the appointment of the new coach. If it's Robinson people will moan, if its beale people will moan. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of decent candidates so ultimately its going to come down to who wants to come, is affordable and is happy to work with the style we want the team to continue playing. Don't expect the finished article cos that person isn't available. Whoever it is then just get behind them. You r's!!!

Comment

• Went to see Oxford forum and some of them reckon Robinson turned us down recently because he gets more power there inside the club and they will invest heavily for promotion

I have feeling now, that we will end up Tomasson or Ramsey.

Comment

• I would be quite happy with Robinson. Has done pretty well in his career so far and still only early 40s. Looks a decent candidate to make the step up and we could be a good option for him to do that. We will see. Plenty of candidates out there both in this country and abroad. Bookies and press just throwing names out there at present.

Comment

• I have a feeling we could get Stuart Pearce.

1. Strong track record of developing youngsters in the past.

2. good relationship with Les Ferdinand.

3. Was born and grew up in W12 and is a QPR Fan apparently.

So for me I think Pearce might get it, the timing of him leaving West Ham was very interesting indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Going by previous appointments of McLaren and Warburton which were made quickly after not renewing Holloway's contract and sacking McLaren, I would go along with the Board not having a plan in place.

It was announced in mid April , but mooted earlier, that Warburton would not be kept on, so over a month has passed and a replacement has not been found. If indeed, Robinson is appointed he would be perhaps 3rd or 4th choice. Surely that is not going according to plan.

However, if whoever is appointed does a better job than Warburton then the fans won't even remember or care that the club took their time to appoint someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                      I have a feeling we could get Stuart Pearce.

1. Strong track record of developing youngsters in the past.

2. good relationship with Les Ferdinand.

3. Was born and grew up in W12 and is a QPR Fan apparently.

So for me I think Pearce might get it, the timing of him leaving West Ham was very interesting indeed.
                      I don't know about him as a head coach, but he has done well at West Ham in supporting Moyes. Perhaps working with Eustace or even Robinson. Whether he would want to come to do the same role he did at West Ham is of course another issue.

Comment

• Dahl Tomasson and Stuart Pearce was at Newcastle together. Just saying.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Dahl Tomasson and Stuart Pearce was at Newcastle together. Just saying.
                          That could also work.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Going by previous appointments of McLaren and Warburton which were made quickly after not renewing Holloway's contract and sacking McLaren, I would go along with the Board not having a plan in place.

It was announced in mid April , but mooted earlier, that Warburton would not be kept on, so over a month has passed and a replacement has not been found. If indeed, Robinson is appointed he would be perhaps 3rd or 4th choice. Surely that is not going according to plan.

However, if whoever is appointed does a better job than Warburton then the fans won't even remember or care that the club took their time to appoint someone.
                            Agreed. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be getting frustrated and accusing the club of not having a plan based on assumption and media speculation. Maybe the plan is to simply move on from Warbs and find someone that can take us further. The fact that we haven't found that person yet may be that Les is useless or that nobody wants the job. But, as you point out, previous, disappointing appointments have been made quickly and it could also be that the club are taking their time to select the right candidate, which is a good thing surely.

Comment

• When they do the annual team photo I always chuckle at fact there are just as many backroom staff as players in it. I don't even know who most of them are.

So, even without Warburton there are a LOT of people in harness to keep things ticking over. Frankly, all players/managers have slung their hooks to Dubai or wherever so its very doubtful meaningful work, prep and recruitment can go on right now anyway.

I do not think it is an issue us not having a head coach today and nor do I think it will matter if it takes several weeks to get (the right) one. Marry in haste and repent at leisure as they say....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                                Not sure what people on here are expecting with the appointment of the new coach. If it's Robinson people will moan, if its beale people will moan. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of decent candidates so ultimately its going to come down to who wants to come, is affordable and is happy to work with the style we want the team to continue playing. Don't expect the finished article cos that person isn't available. Whoever it is then just get behind them. You r's!!!
                                I'm expecting a manager on the same level as Mark Warburton.
                                For three years he has improved us, yes there have been blips, during each season, and he lost most of our talent.
                                But the football was good, at times, and sometimes bloody awful.
                                But until this season we climbed the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X