Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Position, invest and go for promotion or consolidate what we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Position, invest and go for promotion or consolidate what we have?

With our current position and is it 2 weeks left this transfer window would you spend to try and push for automatic promotion or stick with the squad we have?

Invest, 100%

Comment

Invest, wisely.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Loans,but only with an option to buy in the summer transfer window.

Comment

Continue as is, it is working. Need to develop youth or sign some potential talented youngsters.

The only thing we shouldn't do is get loan signings and 'experienced' players in order to push for promotion, only to be left high and dry should we achieve it. Loan signings for cover given the current situation of course different.

Comment

Go for it. Loan to buy. If we got up we could afford it.

Comment

Loans to try and go up.

With the prem worth £300m inc parachute money, if we did go up, I'd keep the exact same squad and budget. Upon relegation I'd sell every player worth more then £5m and start again. That way we could pocket the £300m for a new stadium.

I'd be a very unpopular owner but #### it, t's the right thing to do.

Comment

I think the main aim is to keep what we have. I'd be happy if we got to February with Rob, Lyndon, Chris, Ilias etc still here. We don't need any new recruits.

Comment

Invest wisely 100%! Young, upcoming players already showing potential that we can develop and turn into million pound players in the future who have a saleable value if/when we need to sell. Must be the way to go. The squad does need strengthening for this final push, and it must be worth the gamble for the promised land of money and money!

Comment

Automatic promotion is beyond us but finishing in the play offs isnt .
                    I think the board will stick with what they have and hope for the best ,we have a decent chance.

Comment

I am more concerned about losing what we have although if the right offer comes in for our top players it might be a good idea to sell, I still think promotion is a bit of a long shot given the squad we have, I suppose some shrewd loans might lower those odds if we hang on to everyone, the next couple of matches might decide the club's position on this!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Get loans in and keep what we have.

simple.

Comment

Loans with option to buy is a good idea.

If this team went up it would come back down.

If this team went up and then we invested in players to try and stay up, it could break up the squad negatively as we know.

If this team went up with afew savvy additions that could be signed upon going up, then yeah good shout. As Sheep said, we go up on a good budget that's alotta cash to invest if we keep that budget on the money, which I have every confidence the current board would do. In that vein yoyo-ing up and down ain't so bad, as long as we stick to our guns by keeping the structure and not firing staff based on false expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Automatic promotion is beyond us but finishing in the play offs isnt .
                            I think the board will stick with what they have and hope for the best ,we have a decent chance.
                            In the last 20 years of the Championship promotion race,

90 points has always guaranteed a place in the top 2 spot

79 points has always guaranteed a top 6 spot….but sometimes as low as 69

Comment

ok - do we go for broke to go up with the full knowledge that we would probably come straight back down the following season - looking at Norwich , Fulham , West Brom who are all better equipped to stay in the Prem than us and they have come back down - the plus is we come back down with a load of Cash.

Then do we stick with Warburton in the prem ..many on here go ballistic when we lose a couple of games saying Warburton should be sacked ...i imagine they won't have the patience if we go on a losing run in the Premier league...

its a tricky one - of course we want to be be playing at the highest level but we need to be ready

Comment

Working...
                              X