No announcement yet.

Rumours Of QPR Buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River you definitely don't sell social media to me. Apparently we will have new owners and redevelop loftus road once all surrounding roads are bought out dearey me. Nice to dream I guess
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wanting new investors and getting new investors are two very different things, particularly with the pockets we would need. Building a new stadium is a huge project, costing more for example than the UAE spent buying Premier League Newcastle United, and us with a fraction of the fan base. Aside from our London location (which also comes with problems - the price of land) we don't have a lot going for us compared to a lot of other clubs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Wanting new investors and getting new investors are two very different things, particularly with the pockets we would need. Building a new stadium is a huge project, costing more for example than the UAE spent buying Premier League Newcastle United, and us with a fraction of the fan base. Aside from our London location (which also comes with problems - the price of land) we don't have a lot going for us compared to a lot of other clubs out there.
        The Spurs Stadium cost £1bln - that's £1,000,000,000 to build. We would only need half that capacity so would £500m so it. Google also suggests that their council handed over adjacent land. Our council say they're would be handing over any land!!

Comment

How can anyone even contemplate what they read on Twitter.

Comment

Mark my words - Something WILL happen!

it's just that nothing has happened over the last decade or so. (Except the training ground , and how long has that been mooted?)

so don't go round holding you breath. That's all .

Comment

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Ruben and Tony look for a way of getting the money together to try and buy a stadium site outright without the need for renting it, this might be a way of getting the finances together to do that buy selling 10% to 15% of their shares.

I think we should just look at abandoning the Linford Christie Site. I have a feeling we might get the Chase Road site right next to North Acton Tube Station once HS2 is built. Plus we have Old Oak Common Station opening literally next door which would give us an advantage with planning permission.

I just have a feeling that HS2 ltd will give away that land cheaply come 2028 or 2029.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Ruben and Tony look for a way of getting the money together to try and buy a stadium site outright without the need for renting it, this might be a way of getting the finances together to do that buy selling 10% to 15% of their shares.

I think we should just look at abandoning the Linford Christie Site. I have a feeling we might get the Chase Road site right next to North Acton Tube Station once HS2 is built. Plus we have Old Oak Common Station opening literally next door which would give us an advantage with planning permission.

I just have a feeling that HS2 ltd will give away that land cheaply come 2028 or 2029.
                I though Old Oak Common was dead in water a long time ago? Didnt it hinge on us getting that car site but that company had their own plans to develop their land? I'd be amazed if this came back as an option again????

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I though Old Oak Common was dead in water a long time ago? Didnt it hinge on us getting that car site but that company had their own plans to develop their land? I'd be amazed if this came back as an option again????
                  I'm talking about this site (ive taken a screenshot of it here) and someone suggested it to me the other day, not the Cargiant site. Ironically Cargiant's development plans arnt going ahead, the Old Oak Development Cooperation rejected them (does it open the site up again for us?) but I doubt we will consider it.

I think this site ticks all the boxes for a new stadium, the site is located right next door to North Acton Tube Station, and 3/4 of a mile down the Road you have Acton Main Line Station where Crossrail is expected to stop at, in addition you also got Harlesden Overground station which is a 15 min walk away and you've also got 5 different bus routes nearby that could serve the ground as well.

The site itself is a 9 acre site, so its just around double the existing footprint of Loftus Road which is 4 acres.

At the moment the site is owned by HS2 for excavation works, but once its built, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it pretty cheaply, so I would assume its something that could work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The image will not open, i get this error message.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.
                      You will see it on google maps, just type chase road in the search box and you will see it there.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...92!4d-0.262062

Heres an alternative link.

Comment

Thanks
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                          X