Rumours Of QPR Buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours Of QPR Buyout

Have u heard there is a strong rumour that QPR is being targeted for a buyout from a consortium based in the UAE? It was reported on Twitter a couple of days ago. I am hearing the guy who reported this story has connections to QPR. I hope it happens. QPR owners need investment

QPR owners are looking for new investment in the business. They are financing the building of the new training facility with their own money and with borrowed money.

Hence, why the owners introduce the bond scheme for this investment. I can see the same deal being used for a possible new stadium. It's clear to me that the owners are now running the business much better compared to how they ran it before.

They are learning from the mistakes they made. It's also clear to me that they plan to invest less money into the team in the future. The long term plan is for QPR to sustain itself.

I would not be surprised if this rumour is true. Even if it's not true I can see major investment or a buyout of QPR in the not too distant future. It's going to happen guys. Some of you won't want this to happen but it will. This is how the world of big business is done.

If this story is true I cannot see the owners of QPR turning down investment from oil money. That's not going to happen. Let's see how this plays out.

I hope the story is true.

I can see some of their shares being sold but I cannot see a full sell out when we're in the top 6 and still having an opportunity to hit the prem bug bucks. Our owners have done £300m on us and will hold some interest to recoup some of that.

Comment

" putting less money into the team" ? Does this make sense? I'm no financial expert, but surely a basic principle is to have the most successful team you can have, to generate everything else you need to be sustainable. But like I said, I'm no expert

Comment

We won’t be sustainable until we get a new ground, regardless of who the owners are . Also it’s irrelevant how rich any new owners would be as they could only spend as much as FFP allows . I think it’s a none starter regarding extra investment until we have planning permission for a new ground, otherwise new investors would just be covering losses like our current owners.

Comment

I notice The Prem are currently trying to change or delete a rule that allows likes of CFC and MFC to rinse/launder their players' cost via a network of foreign "partner" clubs or "feeder" clubs. Apparently this has stymied the plans and ambitions of new NUFC owners who are beginning to feel that Ashley might have pulled their trousers down.
          Anyway, as Stains says above, FFP IS an issue.... as feeble as it may seem, it is definitely putting a cap on money that can be spent.
          I think this story is a load of bullshine myself. But assuming it was true, I'd simply see it as current owners bailing out or selling our debt to some mugs with more money than sense - not an influx of significant ready cash to splash out.
          Anyway, I don't actually want despotic medieval regimes getting a foot in our door irrespective of what gifts they are carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I notice The Prem are currently trying to change or delete a rule that allows likes of CFC and MFC to rinse/launder their players' cost via a network of foreign "partner" clubs or "feeder" clubs. Apparently this has stymied the plans and ambitions of new NUFC owners who are beginning to feel that Ashley might have pulled their trousers down.
            Anyway, as Stains says above, FFP IS an issue.... as feeble as it may seem, it is definitely putting a cap on money that can be spent.
            I think this story is a load of bullshine myself. But assuming it was true, I'd simply see it as current owners bailing out or selling our debt to some mugs with more money than sense - not an influx of significant ready cash to splash out.
            Anyway, I don't actually want despotic medieval regimes getting a foot in our door irrespective of what gifts they are carrying.
            I could not agree more, fu ck their money.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

If those council comments are anything to go by perhaps the Board has realised that the only way to stay local is to buy the LC Stadium for £100m and then build. But they've done their money, so perhaps these investors will stump up the cash to buy the land and do the build and we'll be the long term football tenants. They'll get the other income from all the other events and corporate stuff too???

These middle eastern guys do love the London property game!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                We won’t be sustainable until we get a new ground, regardless of who the owners are . Also it’s irrelevant how rich any new owners would be as they could only spend as much as FFP allows . I think it’s a none starter regarding extra investment until we have planning permission for a new ground, otherwise new investors would just be covering losses like our current owners.
                But FFP is now quite close to being taken to the court? Or am I wrong about this, Stainrod?

QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

But FFP is now quite close to being taken to the court? Or am I wrong about this, Stainrod?
                  You could be right , I haven’t heard about that but considering how long it’s taken the likes of Derby, Reading and others to be punished, it shows ffp in its current form isn’t fit for purpose.

Comment

If this takeover story is true we will find out soon.
                    Like most big deals this if true has been in negotiations for weeks or even months.

Once the media especially the serious broadsheet media pick up on it, it's likely true and will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                      You could be right , I haven’t heard about that but considering how long it’s taken the likes of Derby, Reading and others to be punished, it shows ffp in its current form isn’t fit for purpose.
                      I could be ..only time will tell.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Sorry to burst the bubble and dream . It’s a wind up from a Brentford wally .

Comment

Whether this story is true or not sooner rather than later it's going to happen. QPR owners are looking for new investment. We have seen that already with the bond for the new training complex.

Expect the same with the new stadium. That will be bought with borrowed money from investors, or paid for by new owners. Current QPR owners are not looking to invest significant funds in the business anymore.

To me, this points to a potential buyout of QPR shortly.

I can see significant investment coming in from either new investors or I predict a buyout shortly. If we miss out on promotion this season I can see a buyout at the end of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                            Whether this story is true or not sooner rather than later it's going to happen. QPR owners are looking for new investment. We have seen that already with the bond for the new training complex.

Expect the same with the new stadium. That will be bought with borrowed money from investors, or paid for by new owners. Current QPR owners are not looking to invest significant funds in the business anymore.

To me, this points to a potential buyout of QPR shortly.

I can see significant investment coming in from either new investors or I predict a buyout shortly. If we miss out on promotion this season I can see a buyout at the end of this season.
                            I agree, the owners cant find all the cash themselves for the new training ground, so they're not going to fund anew ground themselves. Whether there's investment, or another firm with build the stadium and we rent, something will eventually happen. The owners seem happy to cover short term team overspend on the basis that will be recouped in full, or in part, in future seasons by player sales. I just can't see these guys underwriting £250m of more debt to build a stadium.

Comment

Agree with u 100% Sheep Ranger.

Comment

Working...
                              X