Linford Christie Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said:: Clearly the consultants misinterpreted the response they received from the council as they reported to us that Stephen Cowan did not want to meet anyone from QPR.

Love that response!

Touche

Comment

The Council reply concerning Warren Farm shows that they can't be bothered to keep up to date. Let them keep on forking out millions on LC and Warren Farm.

Comment

Was speaking to a fella Tuesday he told me that the club won't be moving in the next 10 Years

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          Was speaking to a fella Tuesday he told me that the club won't be moving in the next 10 Years
          Tottenham who have much more clout than us took 10 years despite owning most of the land, having the funding ready and the plans set in place. It's just the realities of building anything that's not flats in London.

Anyone who thinks that even it would take under a decade if we found a site tomorrow has got to be deluded with optimism.

Comment

As a boutique club why would we need a big stadium?

Comment

I know this post hasnt been commented on for a while, but couldnt we try for the site on Victoria Road, right next door to North Acton Tube Station?

At the moment the site is being used for HS2 to construct a crossover box underground for Old Oak Common Station. I suspect that HS2 would want to dispose of it once HS2 is done.

Also its a 9 acre site, which is more than double the existing size of Loftus Road.

surely we can fit a 25k-30k seater stadium on that site surely?

Comment

Go on then bid for it Lol

Comment

Just wrote to the club about a potential site in Ealing that we could consider.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                    Just wrote to the club about a potential site in Ealing that we could consider.
                    Ealing? Is that near Oxford?

Comment

I know its going to be at least 10+ years at least before we get anywhere, but perhaps there should be a consideration about reducing the proposed capacity from 30k, if it meant staying in W12

I dont think the problem has been the capacity, we hardly get 18,500 coming to Loftus Road, but n0n-matchday revenue.

So for me, there is a case about reducing the proposed capacity from 30k, I think 18k-20k would be a sensible solution.

Also, I dont think the current site would support 30k, so for me its time the club started making some compromises in order to ensure we stay in W12.

Comment

Working...
                      X