Barton- Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton- Again

What an absolute pr1ck of a man he is. I used to defend him but allegations of tunnel fights and with his wife and now this..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474

What a ####....

I suspect he said it without thinking but it was a ridiculously callous analogy. He used to be called the footballing bard and was looked upon as some kind of quasi intellectual. To me he always came across as thick as a very thick brick and struggled to put a sentence together. When you add in the other unsavoury incidents football would be better off without him.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      I suspect he said it without thinking but it was a ridiculously callous analogy. He used to be called the footballing bard and was looked upon as some kind of quasi intellectual. To me he always came across as thick as a very thick brick and struggled to put a sentence together. When you add in the other unsavoury incidents football would be better off without him.
      Yeah, he's a liability to himself.

I think its accepted he had a hard upbringing and it showed in his early days. But with maturity, counselling and self education I thought he'd bettered himself. But the three incidents in my opening mail arent that far apart. He seems like he's got a self destruction button. Even Clint has dropped him of late. Embarrassing behaviour....

Comment

Barton's problem is he likes to think of himself as a bit of an intellectual . Saw him on question time came across as dense . Needs to check himself and leave certain words alone .

Comment

I agree.

I dont think this an unfortunate use of a word, he used it deliberately whilst trying to be clever, but he's too stupid to see the harm it could cause. Even its literal meaning is defined as destruction on a mass scale, so it's use to describe one person's performance is out of context.

I think his current indiscretions mean he will never get a managers job at championhip or premiership level. At Fleetwood I thought he might have stood a chance, but two alleged assaults and offending Jewish communities has brought that to an end.

Exit door.......

Comment

Massive overreaction..... any sensible person can see a difference between A holocaust and THE holocaust. Worst you can say is is it's not the best analogy, but offensive, really???

There's plenty of flowery language and imagery in sport that does not stand up to close inspection..... teams get thumped, battered, walloped, massacred, murdered etc etc - nobody bats an eyelid.

They're killing us down the flanks. We're winning the midfield war. Free kick went in like an exocet missile. Bombing down the wing. Strangling the game.. It just goes on and on and on and on.

Be interesting to hear the view of a Jewish Rs fan on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Massive overreaction..... any sensible person can see a difference between A holocaust and THE holocaust. Worst you can say is is it's not the best analogy, but offensive, really???

There's plenty of flowery language and imagery in sport that does not stand up to close inspection..... teams get thumped, battered, walloped, massacred, murdered etc etc - nobody bats an eyelid.

They're killing us down the flanks. We're winning the midfield war. Free kick went in like an exocet missile. Bombing down the wing. Strangling the game.. It just goes on and on and on and on.

Be interesting to hear the view of a Jewish Rs fan on the matter.
              I agree it's way too over reaction and way too sensitive. So can we not say 'I'm starving' coz we not being considerate to the people who's lost their lives to starvation? Its just an example of how bad things were, wasn't a good example but we need to stop this modern thing that we have to watch every little thing we say just in case someone, somewhere out there will be offended. Life is too short, we only live once, enjoy life. Stop worrying about every little thing people say

Comment

I'm not easily offended but perhaps a recent visit to Auschwitz Birkenau has clouded my judgement and made me too sensitive.

But hey ho, each to their own.

Comment

Can't stand the pr!ck.

Showing how good a manager he is too. Useless.

Even his good pal Clint Hill had to cut him free.

Comment

Working...
                  X