Dykes - shocking pen for Scotch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dykes - shocking pen for Scotch

Blimey. Terrible penalty by Dykes just now. Tame effort straight at keeper. He can't take a penalty for us after seeing that.

Just scored a blinder

Comment

All is forgiven as they won

Comment

I had him at 2/1 as anytime scorer. My point is that was a shocking penalty, absolutely appalling! Given we had what, EIGHT penalty scorers against EFC, it would be mad to let Lyndon take our next penalties. Gotta be Chair or Barbet or Dunne even.
        His overall performance was excellent, constant pest and irritant and as you say, cracking goal, Just don't let him take a pen!

Comment

Dykes development in the penalty area certainly looks to have improved recently,he missed a clear scoring opportunity from a headed chance but his movement and anticipation to create it was very good.

Interesting that listening to the Scottish pundits and McCoist in commentary Dykes still comes across as a marmite striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I had him at 2/1 as anytime scorer. My point is that was a shocking penalty, absolutely appalling! Given we had what, EIGHT penalty scorers against EFC, it would be mad to let Lyndon take our next penalties. Gotta be Chair or Barbet or Dunne even.
            His overall performance was excellent, constant pest and irritant and as you say, cracking goal, Just don't let him take a pen!
            Never is a long time.

Comment

At least it wasn’t for us

Comment

And Tyson Fury won, after getting sat on his Bottle, life is a funny old thing, let's not get to judgemental, or my Mum and Dad may have left me at the Hospital lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                  It was only appalling because the keeper didn't move. If he had it would have gone in and nobody would say a word. The last one he took was the same and it went in just fine. It really wasn't anything to get upset about.
                  Oh I see. It was a good penalty only spoilt by keeper saving it. In that case we should definitely allow Dykes to take our next penalty. Sorry for totally misreading things.

Comment

Scored again tonight but picked up a booking so not available for Scotland's next game which was away.

Comment

The first footballer in 52 years to score in four straight matches for the senior Scotland national side.Sir Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        The first footballer in 52 years to score in four straight matches for the senior Scotland national side.Sir Dykes.
                        Booked and misses next game for them. Quite handy for us cos he's been racking up the minutes and miles so a break will do him good.

Comment

Booked and misses next game for them. Quite handy for us cos he's been racking up the minutes and miles so a break will do him good.
                          Agree but think he will play their last game against the Danes.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Agree but think he will play their last game against the Danes.
                            Danes have won the group already. Scots should beat hapless Moldovans and secure 2nd spot thus rendering last game with Danes a dead rubber. Its very conceivable Dykes and others get rested. Worst case scenario for Lyndon is playing one low intensity meaningless game.

Comment

Easy to forget he got into football quite late and has made great strides. Solid first season in Championship and now the most prolific striker in world football.

Comment

Working...
                              X