No announcement yet.

Derby into administration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is one club, after Chelsea, I would like to see go bust, it is Derby County.

And their scussy supporters can do one, especially the #### iI had a stand up row with the pub in Marylebone station after Wembley, fu ck em.
    I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
      If there is one club, after Chelsea, I would like to see go bust, it is Derby County.

And their scussy supporters can do one, especially the #### iI had a stand up row with the pub in Marylebone station after Wembley, fu ck em.
      I'm sure they have some good fans, I just haven't met them, every one of them I chatted with when I came over for the Wembley final was a dick, on top of that we had one at our hotel try to start a fight with us, goodbye!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

The administrators are now appealing the 12-point deduction...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58868575
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

They will suspend some of the points at the appeal

Comment

I hope not. The rule has been in place for a long time - Administration = 12 pts deduction. They can't be seen to be making exceptions.

Having said that, the EFL have been shown to be farkin useless so you may be right.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              I hope not. The rule has been in place for a long time - Administration = 12 pts deduction. They can't be seen to be making exceptions.

Having said that, the EFL have been shown to be farkin useless so you may be right.
              Regretfully, I think you could be right too.

But, I just can't see how they can let Derby off because of Covid. Surely every club has been hit, and can blame their precarious position on the Virus. That being so, why can't any club that subsequently goes into Administration say "OK, so we may have gone into Administration, but if it hadn't been for Covid we would have been in a stronger position, and not have had to go into Administration."

It therefore gives any clubs ready made and applied excuse to void the points deduction.

Comment

Most EFL clubs, including us. were able to take a loan from the EFL and work out a timetable for repayment. Derby were unable to access a loan as they had no means of paying it back. This could be the basis of their appeal.

Comment

I don't see how that can be the case. I think I read that they are borrowing more money now, even in administration. Besides, the only reason that they couldn't pay it back is because of their dodgy accounting practices.

I don't see why the EFL would relax a points deduction on a club that has overspent - they didn't worry about fining us 40M for doing the same. Nothing would surprise me though.

Comment

Can see the EFL caving in on this, which is Bollo(ks they've been at it for last 3 years not the last 18 months, there should be no ground given on this the penalty should stand, if i were the Wycombe & Sheff Wed chairman i'd be going to the EFL for compensation, as its only that Derby have been Dodgy that they were relegated, especially Wycombe, Sheff Wed have already had a points deduction

Comment

Working...
                    X