X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

I work with a Forest supporter and he had nothIng positive to say when he joined us. Funnily enough doesn't mention it much now though.
    Yeah funny that.

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Wonder what Forest fans make of him now.
    They were one of the main critics of his style.

​​​​​​
    I work with a Forest supporter and he had nothIng positive to say when he joined us. Funnily enough doesn't mention it much now though.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    I don't think we start particularly slow, it's more a case of opposition starting fast. It's a 90 minute game and the 5 substitutes nonsense has been binned. I would rather pace ourselves for 90 minutes and let the opposition run out of gas in final third of the game.
    I suppose its tricky if they sprint into a big lead and we're playing catch-up but thus far I feel we have got the balance more or less right.

Leave a comment:

• Qpstranger
    replied
    He's a manager to get behind, talks sense when I hear him interviewed, made a great call yesterday bringing Dykes on, instant impact on the game. The players look to have a good spirit and seem well motivated. Well done to Mark and all at the club, some way to go, but I genuinely feel a top 6 finish is possible perhaps with a smart acquisition or two along the way.

Leave a comment:

• stainrodisalegend
    replied
    What he hasn't sorted - and to his credit he acknowledged this in his post-match interview - is why we start so slowly. As he said our passing in the first half was "laboured and slow", whereas he said in training we move it around quickly as he has been telling them to do. The positive is you sense this team could play a lot better because there is a lot of ability in there and the confidence of winning games should help there. The concern is that the fine margins we have been winning by could turn into defeats if we don't start matches with more purpose. But Warbs is clearly aware of the issue and said they would be working on it over the international break (it seems that everyone who isn't on international duty will be in for training).

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied

​​​​​​
    Given time and the chance to stick to his plan, think he has surprised them, oh hail the great God Hindsight.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post
    Think The Boss will be addressing some small problems during the break but it's so positive he has a team he can work with and is still not looking for plan A, Reading better hold on to their Hats lol

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

Yeah agree, done brilliantly, best manager since Neil.
    ​I am obviously mixing changes up with plan b.
    I think the passing game is perfect and you don't see Pep go plan b.
    I can't take the stress of going two down though before change.
    He got it wrong v Barnsley but didn’t let his ego stop him making early changes , so credit for that . I thought Cov were good yesterday but that extra striker ( dykes ) gave them more to think about and they eventually crumbled.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Well done to Warburton. He is making the right subs now at the right time too. He didnt just go like for like , but changed formation.

There's no reason to refer to the complaints from fans last season, that is now history. Lets try and enjoy what is so far promising to be an enjoyable season in the top 8 rather than the opposite end.

Bring in another striker with pace, whilst keeping hold of our best players and most of us will be happy.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

And he has done exactly that in the last 2 home games that have completely changed the outcome.2 subs after half an hour v Barnsley and dykes on yesterday to go 2 up front , both game changing moves .
    Yeah agree, done brilliantly, best manager since Neil.
    ​I am obviously mixing changes up with plan b.
    I think the passing game is perfect and you don't see Pep go plan b.
    I can't take the stress of going two down though before change.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Think The Boss will be addressing some small problems during the break but it's so positive he has a team he can work with and is still not looking for plan A, Reading better hold on to their Hats lol

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

As I have posted you do need to make changes stains.
    And he has done exactly that in the last 2 home games that have completely changed the outcome.2 subs after half an hour v Barnsley and dykes on yesterday to go 2 up front , both game changing moves .

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Have we put to bed the no plan B nonsense now then ?
    As I have posted you do need to make changes stains.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Warbs has shown us what a very good manager and squad builder he is given time.
    Majority of us were calling for him to go but happily the board ignored this.
    We are playing some beautiful football.
    The frustrating thing for me is other teams very quickly start with a game plan against us that is quite successful.
    For me we need to recognise it and change before going a couple behind.
    I do wonder if we should play with two up front at home, but I don't for a second think I know more than the management team.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Have we put to bed the no plan B nonsense now then ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X