X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainrodisalegend
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Hasn’t Warbs worked with Gray before at Brentford, if so he will know his character already so that’s a positive, he is much more powerful than wells and will threaten in behind which is what we need.
    That is also true. I just think that was a number of years ago now. I also have a real thing against big time Charlie footballers posting cr*p online and giving the impression (obvs cd be a wrong one) of being keener on their "celebrity lifestyle" (ugh) than playing. Just don't think it fits our ethos these days. Obvs fans have their scapegoats and different players work at different clubs and like you I believe in getting behind players if they pull on the Hoops - but if you look at a Watford forum, well, lets just say I've read kinder things about Jose Bosingwer...

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    I'm just gonna wait and see what Santa Les brings, and be grateful.......ooh my halo just pinged!

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Kevin Gallen was quite interesting on this on WLS. He was saying how we need someone with pace to hit it over the top for, to stop teams pressing us high up the pitch as Barnsely did - which other clubs will have learned from watching the Barnsley game. He was saying it was absolutely vital to get someone in this position.

He also said (slightly wrapped up in those polite terms that footballers use when talking about fellow pros) that seeing Gray at Watford he looked well past his best and also questioned how hungry he would be on his way down the footballing food chain. Also questioned how fit he would be not having played competitively for so long. Obvs Warbs has got a lot more right than wrong so if he is set on him we have to back his judgement but I wd take Naki any day of the week over him, but I expect Naki wd be way too expensive as Bristol will surely want to sell or at least have his (reportedly v high) wages covered.
    Hasn’t Warbs worked with Gray before at Brentford, if so he will know his character already so that’s a positive, he is much more powerful than wells and will threaten in behind which is what we need.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1430064704488189989

Leave a comment:

• stainrodisalegend
    replied
    Kevin Gallen was quite interesting on this on WLS. He was saying how we need someone with pace to hit it over the top for, to stop teams pressing us high up the pitch as Barnsely did - which other clubs will have learned from watching the Barnsley game. He was saying it was absolutely vital to get someone in this position.

He also said (slightly wrapped up in those polite terms that footballers use when talking about fellow pros) that seeing Gray at Watford he looked well past his best and also questioned how hungry he would be on his way down the footballing food chain. Also questioned how fit he would be not having played competitively for so long. Obvs Warbs has got a lot more right than wrong so if he is set on him we have to back his judgement but I wd take Naki any day of the week over him, but I expect Naki wd be way too expensive as Bristol will surely want to sell or at least have his (reportedly v high) wages covered.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Wells is quicker than gray out of the two. At least wells would be match fit. When we the last time gray played any minutes in a competitive game?

Leave a comment:

• CambsRs
    replied
    We have no pace in the team, both these players are hardly fast

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    According to WLS we are looking at Aaron Connolly of Brighton. Was on loan at Luton last season.

Leave a comment:

• Kingaustin
    replied
    I would go for gray . Makes sense for him and us he lives in Rickmansworth and just became a dad he won’t want to move up north . He would be our main striker he will get us 15 plus easy this season

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    Apparently Barnsley were quoted $20m

Leave a comment:

• lincoln ranger
    replied
    How abt Daryl Dyke instead? The USA CF who was on loan at Barnsley last season and scored nearly a goal a game for them? No idea how much he’d cost, but at 21, full international and scores for fun, would certainly be interesting to see how much he’d cost? Surprised no one has snapped him up yet after his scoring exploits for the Tykes last season.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Didn't know the hot dog seller was after staff mate

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Gray , more pace and power , which is what we need up front , just heard on talksport it’s likely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Connor Wickham ? Training with PNE. Could have done a job for us ?
    Poor man's Conor Washington who's robbed a living out of football for too many years.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    So you think our top earner should be a back up striker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X