Big Pressure on Warburton This Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Pressure on Warburton This Season

Let's be honest, I think the expectations for the coming season has increased significantly. The owners have made their intentions very clear. They are looking for the top 6 minimum.

​​​​​​Respect to the owners and the directors for taking massive action to give us a fighting chance of promotion. We must back Warburton when results are not going our way next season.

However, the bar has been raised significantly this summer. Warburton will be under more pressure this season, unlike the two previous seasons. And he knows it.

In my opinion, the manager is in a very good position.

It is down to the players to respond, and I think and hope they will.

I fully expect our club to have a very good season, promotion beckens.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Not from me.
      The bloke has performed miracles, he deserves time

Comment

Have the owners made their intentions clear? I’ve heard nothing & I’m sure they wouldn’t come out with such statements putting pressure on players & management, I think I know what fans expect & lets take it game by game

Comment

I dont think Warburton is under any more pressure than he was going into last season,why is he under so much extra pressure now?
          he has spent Pickens again this summer .
          we beat a young Man Utd team 4-2 and beat cambridge 2-1 . I dont especially write much into either result .
          I think we will have a good season and am hopeful we can challenge for a top 6th position ,but wont panic if Millwall beat up opening day nor be shouting for Warburton to be sacked .
          if you offered me 8th position now I'd happily grab it .

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
            Have the owners made their intentions clear? I’ve heard nothing & I’m sure they wouldn’t come out with such statements putting pressure on players & management, I think I know what fans expect & lets take it game by game

Comment

He’s been under pressure from quite a few on here since he took the job , so it won’t be any different.

Comment

We could lose a few players if we don’t make a good fist of it this season. Dieng, chair , willock and Dickie

Comment

We need to have a good start,winning builds confidence ( although I won't panic,as its a long season) ,and as said earlier, be lucky with injuries, if we can do that,then I don't think a top 6 is out of the question. Also,if the academy can produce players to slot into certain positions, we can become more self sufficient and make a profit if we don't reach the promised land
                  I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

It will be ok, if it all goes #### up, we can blame Les.

Comment

Think this is a season to look forward to.. play offs minimum . Why not

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                        We need to have a good start,winning builds confidence ( although I won't panic,as its a long season) ,and as said earlier, be lucky with injuries, if we can do that,then I don't think a top 6 is out of the question. Also,if the academy can produce players to slot into certain positions, we can become more self sufficient and make a profit if we don't reach the promised land
                        That’s the plan .

Comment

We bring in 2 experience pros and it's no surprises our form massively changed, it had very little to do with mw. Austin will score 20plus at this level and that will always give us a chance for a promotion push. I think most managers are very limited it's all about spending the money which to be fair to the owners looks like they realise we need proven quality to change things
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            We bring in 2 experience pros and it's no surprises our form massively changed, it had very little to do with mw. Austin will score 20plus at this level and that will always give us a chance for a promotion push. I think most managers are very limited it's all about spending the money which to be fair to the owners looks like they realise we need proven quality to change things
                            Austin and johansen are a big part of it but that’s far from the full story . What about Warburton bringing on the likes of Dieng and Chair , the inspired signings of Dickie and Willock and Barbet was a rock last season which was one of Warbs first signings on a free .When you add in the quality that has left the club in Eze , Bos , Wells , Hugill , Manning , Hall etc. . To say it has nothing to do with Warbs isn’t a fair comment.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Nothing to do with style of play and tactics then?
                              Johansen & Austin in Paul Hart's team and we'd have stormed the division.

Comment

Working...
                              X