See we got a friendly against Man U now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes. VAR isn't the problem.... its a daft offside rule AND our refs/officials are not fit for purpose. Aside from VAR its noticeable that Euro refs don't blow the whistle every time a player hits the ground either.
    Dunno how you sort ou5st o2our duff refs but it would take seconds to correct the offside law to say that every part of the attacker must be offside, not just his toe nail.
    I agree. I am ok with VAR, but have issues with our incompetent refs and the offside rule. The 'daylight' rule they had a few years back was a far better one and easier and fairer to rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes. VAR isn't the problem.... its a daft offside rule AND our refs/officials are not fit for purpose. Aside from VAR its noticeable that Euro refs don't blow the whistle every time a player hits the ground either.
      Dunno how you sort ou5st o2our duff refs but it would take seconds to correct the offside law to say that every part of the attacker must be offside, not just his toe nail.
      The problem is that they decide to have a crackdown on something and then become deficient in other areas. They've obviously decided to let some things go but have a crack down on certain types of challenges. That has resulted in one or two ridiculous sendings off of players who basically just stepped on another players toe (I forget who it was now). And then they refuse to even review certain incidents that lead up to a goal. I know they can't review everything but a goal is game-changing and if there is a clear foul or something that leads to a team scoring a goal it should be reviewed IMO.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

The problem is that they decide to have a crackdown on something and then become deficient in other areas. They've obviously decided to let some things go but have a crack down on certain types of challenges. That has resulted in one or two ridiculous sendings off of players who basically just stepped on another players toe (I forget who it was now). And then they refuse to even review certain incidents that lead up to a goal. I know they can't review everything but a goal is game-changing and if there is a clear foul or something that leads to a team scoring a goal it should be reviewed IMO.

There have been a few games played in Europe and other parts of the world where they have reviewed something in the build up play that led to a goal and changed the decision, but it seems that there is little consistency in this.

When FIFA approved VAR it stipulated clear and obvious errors (c.o.e.)would be reviewed in 5 categories. Offside, penalties wrong identification etc, but the key words were c.o.e. If it takes more than 1 or 2 looks at an incident then it isn't one and so the on pitch decision should stand. No need to wait 3-5 minutes reviewing it or using red or blue lines.

Comment

Working...
        X